Technical Lead / Manager - CloudOps - SDWAN
Location:Milpitas, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestNetworking, Software Development, Testing
Who You'll Work With
Cisco Viptela’s software driven(SD), cloud-first architecture for the WAN fits well with Cisco’s Digital Network Architecture (DNA) building on its automation, virtualization, and analytics capabilities. Viptela’s offering complements Cisco’s on-premises routing platform with a cloud-centric approach to control management and orchestration, making it easy for our customers to deploy and manage the WAN.
What You'll Do
You will be a leader on the Cloud Infrastructure engineering team that works on the latest technologies in developing cloud applications that interact with various cloud service providers. You will provide technical leadership and mentorship to both your team members and your project peers. You will set clear expectations and build a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and management teams.
You will also:
- Participate in an agile software development lifecycle
- Design, implement, maintain, deploy codebase for highly available web applications
- Investigate/Debug/Fix real time issues for user facing applications
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree in CS/CE + 8 years of related experience, or Master's degree in CS/CE + 6 years of related experience
- Previous experience managing multi-functional engineering teams
- Strong people management skills, with a shown ability to hire and grow hardworking programmatic and user-level personnel
- Extremely motivated, passionate about learning and contributing to the team and the business with "can do" attitude.
You are motivated, driven and a teammate. You'll be willing to learn and be passionate about working on a wide range of product areas. You work well independently and as part of a team. Strong communication skills are meaningful. You have a strong background in software development.
From a technical point of view you should have familiarity in the following areas:
- Python3, Linux, SQL, Elastic/InfluxDB (understanding of at-least one timeseries database)
- Services offered from cloud providers like AWS, Azure, GCP and relevant concepts
- Experience with one or more of technologies among Django framework, Celery, Containers, Angular/Node JS
- Good experience with designing/implementing scalable database schema/application architectures
- Experience in building reporting and real-time business intelligence frameworks from server applications
- Strong design/programming ethics. Strong technical skills in complex web application development (frontend/backend/both).
- Commitment to Quality: Ability to ensure and commit to a higher standard of quality than usual in the face of time to market pressures.
At Cisco, each person brings their unrivaled talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart-Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.