Technical Lead - Enterprise Search - Elastic
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Technology InterestInternet of Everything
Enterprise Search team is looking for an upbeat and knowledgeable individual to join us and help Cisco employees and customers find relevant result for their queries. This technical lead is central in leading search team for architecture, detail and high level design, recommend standard methodologies and closing bugs and defects. Drive the next transformation of Enterprise Search.
Who You Are
You are passionate for and deep experience in enterprise search, Cloud native build and development and natural language processing. You thrive in an agile development process. You look forward to joining a high caliber team of specialists. You’re not just looking for a job, you’re looking for innovative solutions where you can make a large impact. You’re self-motivated and set high expectations for yourself. You take ownership and sweat the small stuff. You thrive on constructive feedback. You insist that facts drive decisions. You deliver results that matter. Good teamwork and ability to have constructive discussions is your natural working style.
What you'll do
- Responsible for engineering solutions supporting the application platforms.
- Application development to emerging search technologies
- Support and tackle issues from development to production
- Monitor and audit search application performance through load testing, search testing, and/or query response time testing and report activities on an ongoing basis
- Analyze unstructured data for ingest & Sizing Elasticsearch clusters
- Build and develop ingest processes
- Design and develops Elasticsearch schema for efficiency
- Design network architecture for Elasticsearch cluster & interface for application searches and cluster disaster recovery
- Design and develop incremental update procedures & collection replacement strategy
- Define and configure Elasticsearch index schemas for multiple data elements
- Craft and develop search engine monitoring and relevancy monitoring tools
- Good understanding of Lucene architecture.
- Evaluating existing Elastic clusters, configuration parameters, indexing, search and query performance tuning, profiling queries, security and administration
- Automation of Setting up & Upgrades of Elastic Search clusters
- Optimizing indexes for use cases (e. g. enterprise search, app search)
- Solving problems various issues with the clusters (from errors like unassigned shards, to automation issues, to node / cluster failures)
- Deployment of elastic search in Kubernetes
- Provide technical input to system specifications document
- Provide technical analysis and recommendations
- Develop/Contribute to Technical Project Plan
- Craft/Contribute to design document
Application Development, Deployment and Support
- Manage infrastructure environments
- Perform/Coordinate development activities
- Assess impact of change requests; Generate options/implications
- Conduct/Participate in unit testing and performance testing & code reviews
- Ability to manage in DevOps team model
- Support team training
- Post go-live support
- Prepare deployment plans
- Perform deployment verification
- Lead and mentor technical team
- Provide consultation on relevant technology domain
Our Minimum Requirements Are
- B.S / M.S. in Computer Science with Information Systems with deep knowledge in (UNIX/Docker/ Kubernetes/ Microservices)
- Experience in Elastic Search / Kubernetes / Public Cloud deployments
- Elasticsearch & Kubernetes CKA / CKAD Certifications is a plus.
- 10 years of Java & Linux experience
- 3+ years of Elasticsearch experience
- Self-motivated. Desire to pursuit very high-quality work.
- Exposure in Python and Java.
- Superb communication skills.
- Experience in docker/containers and micro services.
- Experience building production applications.
- Solid grasp of networking domain and Cisco’s products is a plus.
- Design Concepts & Principles
- Analytical Thinking
- Learning Agility
- IT Innovation
- Business Networking
- Influencing skills
- Decision Making
- Mentorship team members
- Venture Perspective
- Ability to work with global teams
- Verbal and Written communication skills
- Presentation & Demonstration skills
- Interpersonal skills
Cisco Best Practices
- Time & Efficiency Management
- Team Efficiency
- Virtual Remote Teaming
Why you'll love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
@Cisco #CiscoJobs #WeAreCisco
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.