Technical Lead, Cloud Engineering
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics, Cloud and Data Center, Software Development, Testing
As a DevOps Engineer within the Webex Cloud Native Platform organization, you will work on a team that builds a robust, highly available and stable platform to host 100+ micro-services. You will have the best opportunity to work on the next-gen provider-agnostic, auto-scaled platform that ensures 5-9’s service availability, high quality services against speed-to-market needs for rapid delivery of new features and releases.
· Focus on building a reliable platform. Ensure deployment designs avoid pitfalls of large scale SaaS offerings (bottlenecks, single points of failure, etc.).
· Focus on efficiency. Solution implementations should minimize operational expense.
· Drive a paradigm shift towards a DevOps culture. Collaborate with software developments, operations, and IaaS teams throughout the development and deployment lifecycle. Ensure operational needs are adequately considered and baked into new product releases.
· Develop infrastructure (network, compute, storage) & application capacity models.
· Drive toward automated deployments & modern approaches to configuration management.
· Define KPIs, health-check APIs, monitoring & alarming thresholds. Setup clear and accurate SLO/SLI for efficient service monitoring
· Focus on service availability. Reduce MTTR by assisting the incident command, operations, and IaaS teams to diagnose & resolve service outages (incidents with significant customer impact).
The Cloud Collaboration Technology Group (CCTG) is a $1B business unit that develops primarily cloud-based collaboration software solutions and is an integral part of the $4.4B Collaboration portfolio at Cisco, which is investing heavily to transform the future of collaboration experiences for our end users.
CCTG's vision is to be the recognized industry leader in the Cloud Collaboration market as well as to be the industry beacon that attracts top talent. Our strategy is to sustain innovation in our current $1B product line, and to develop innovative new products for the future that expand and positively disrupt our market. We will do all of this and build a next generation cloud platform with APIs and an ecosystem that deliver tangible business outcomes enabling our customers to get more jobs done!
The CCTG Platform & Automation team is a growing distributed dynamic group of Engineers that is developing the next generation of cloud-based collaboration and mobile applications for Cisco. With a head start of 50 million users and nearly all Fortune 500 companies, this group leads the industry.
You are a DevOps/Software development engineer, who’s is passionate about building SaaS cloud services in a multitude of mixed environments. You consider yourself a “general technologist” or a “jack-of-all-skills” and rely on a wide breadth of skills to be successful every day. A data-driven, evidence based (metrics, logs, etc.) approach allows you to effectively influence and drive solutions. You are empathetic to your peers and like to collaborate. You can be relied upon in high pressure situations to provide solid technical guidance and direction.
The minimum requirements for this role are as follows;
· Must be a US Citizen.
· 5+ years of software development, DevOps, and/or SRE experience
· Demonstrates mastery in Terraform and container technologies (Docker, Kunernates).
· Experience with Hashicorp tools like nomad and consul for service discovery is a plus.
· Demonstrates mastery across a wide breadth of technologies networking (IPv4 routing, load balancing, firewalling), compute (virtualization, schedulers, containers), public cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure, OCI), SSL, DNS, etc.
· Demonstrates mastery of DevOps principles and concepts.
· Advanced knowledge of Linux (CentOS/RedHat) operating systems is required.
· Ability to demonstrate a data driven approach to solving problems, influencing direction, and driving solutions.
· Must command good written and oral communication skills. Should be comfortable presenting in front of a group. Must be able to accurately translate complex concepts into simple terms.
· Must enjoy debugging! This role requires expert debugging skills. Demonstrates ability to diagnose issues across multiple layers of the technology stack (application, network, compute, o/s, etc.).
· Experience managing and operating large complex cloud solutions across private, public and hybrid clouds, is preferred.
· Some software development experience Java, C++, Golang, Python, or Node.js required. Experience developing large scale client/server, distributed architecture is preferred.
· Experience managing and operating large voice and video collaboration services/infrastructure, is a plus.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!