Technical - Enterprise Search - Cloud Native
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Technology InterestInternet of Everything
Enterprise Search team is looking for an upbeat and knowledgeable individual to join us and help Cisco employees and customers find relevant result for their queries. This technical lead is central in leading search team for architecture, detail and high level design, recommend standard methodologies and closing bugs and defects. Join us and help drive the next transformation of Enterprise Search.
Who You Are
You have a passion for and deep experience in cloud native development and deployments, search and natural language processing. You thrive in an agile development process. You look forward to joining a high caliber team of specialists. You’re not just looking for a job, you’re looking for innovative solutions where you can make a large impact. You’re motivated and set high expectations for yourself. You take ownership and sweat the small stuff. You thrive on constructive feedback. You insist that facts drive decisions. You deliver results that matter. Good teamwork and ability to have constructive discussions is your natural working style.
- Solid experience in working with the GCP (Google) platform
- Kubernetes Deployment Expertise (GKE)
- Container architecture, deployment, and operations skills
- General understanding of DevOps practices is assumed
- Software Development
- Ability to script in one or more languages e.g. Python, Ruby, Java
- Experience with automation and configuration management tools (Chef, Ansible) Experience with CI/CD workflows and tools such as Jenkins
- Exposure with public cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Knowledge of container orchestration platforms (Kubernetes, ECS, GKE) Experience with HashiCorp products (Vault, Consul, Packer, Terraform)
- Strong automation skills Experience with monitoring, reporting and predictive analysis (Elasticsearch, Grafana, Prometheus, etc.)
- Familiar with cloud computing concepts and crafting and building cloud ready applications / integrations.
- Experience with GCP and development of pipelines using Data Flow and Big Query.
- Develop data integration solutions on GCP demonstrating Google Data Flow, Google Big Query, Google Pub/Sub, REST APIs, Java and Beam SQL
- Design frameworks and pipelines to enable high volume, low latency data integrations between on-premise and cloud applications
- Craft and build cloud-compatible CI/CD frameworks to deploy solutions on GCP
What you will do
- Provide technical input to system specifications document & analysis and recommendations
- Develop/Contribute to Technical Project Plan
- Build/Contribute to design document
- Conduct/Participate in design reviews
Application Development, Deployment and Support
- Manage Technical Project Plan
- Secure infrastructure environments
- Perform/Coordinate development activities
- Assess impact of change requests; Generate options/implications
- Conduct/Participate in code reviews & unit testing and performance testing
- Hands on work experience in DevOps team model
- Support team training
- Post go-live support
- Prepare deployment plans
- Perform deployment verification
- Lead and mentor technical team
- Provide consultation on relevant technology domain
Our Minimum Requirements Are
- B.S / M.S. in Computer Science with Information Systems with deep knowledge in (UNIX/Docker/ Kubernetes/ Microservices)
- Experience in Kubernetes / Public Cloud deployments
- Experience in Google Data Flow, Big Query, REST APIs, Google Pub/Sub, Java and Beam SQL, Cloud Composer
- Experience with Cloud native/ Cloud agnostic architectures
- GCP certified associate credentials is a plus
- Hands-on experience with GCP technology stack (Compute/GKE/Networking/Functions)
- Experience with 3 or large scale cloud migration initiatives
- Customer facing skills with GCP tech stack, ability to engage senior personnel regarding trade-offs, standard methodologies, project management and risk mitigation Solid Grasp of Datacenter IAAS platforms and Serverless technologies Experience working with containers, Docker, Kubernetes or other container schedulers
- Hands on Cloud DevOps pipeline set up experience – GCP Code builds, Terraform, Chef / Puppet skills Infra management experience is a plus –
- Design and implement required failover mechanisms within the Docker/Kubernetes ecosystems
- Solve and resolve issues, Develop and maintain automated processes, tools, and documentation in support of Docker and Kubernetes container orchestration platform
- Ensure uptime SLA for our infrastructure, services and applications as part of the global DevOps team
- Must have proven prior experience in managing a large Kubernetes cluster and scaling it significantly at enterprise scale
- Elasticsearch & Kubernetes CKA / CKAD Certifications is added plus.
- Self motivated. Desire to pursuit very high-quality work.
- Good experience in Python and Java.
- Superb communication skills.
- Experience in Elasticsearch is nice to have.
- Solid grasp of networking domain and Cisco’s products is a plus.
- Design Concepts & Principles
- Analytical Thinking
- Learning Agility
- IT Innovation
- Business Networking
- Influencing skills
- Decision Making
- Mentorship team members
- Enterprise Perspective
- Ability to work with global teams
- Verbal and Written communication skills
- Presentation & Demonstration skills
- Interpersonal skills
Cisco Best Practices
- Time & Efficiency Management
- Team Efficiency
- Virtual Remote Teaming
Why you'll love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
@Cisco #CiscoJobs #WeAreCisco
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.