Technical Consulting Engineer
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestInformation Technology
We are seeking a Mobility Customer Support Engineer (CSE) at Cisco. This opportunity provides a highly motivated individual an opportunity to work with one of the largest mobile operators in the world. The CSE provides post-sales support and project / customer management for the Cisco’s Mobility packet core product and technologies.
The CSE opportunity allows for in depth understanding of several key growth segments of the Mobile marketplace including Linux, Hypervisors, Cloud Orchestration and WAN/LAN facing transport technologies.
The successful candidate will have a track record and desire to excel at both technical issue resolution and customer management. Multi-tasking and the ability to successfully manage multiple issues at once are necessary for the CSE. The CSE will also build and maintain relationships with Cisco’s existing customers as well as work with new customers as they come on-line.
CX organization within Cisco is a dynamic and growing organization looking for knowledgeable and capable individuals to help scale the team as we move forward in a very fast and evolving marketplace.
Provide tier three technical support. Manage day-to-day technical needs of service provider customers. Support / enable customer specific solutions to grow business. Steer customer expectations according to product and network management capabilities.
- Participate in daytime and night/weekend on-call rotation.
- Troubleshoot service provider networks to quickly resolve downtime and outages.
- Maintain customer support database for active issues.
- CSE is the owner of issues as they arrive and throughout the resolution process.
- Create Methods of Procedure (MOP) and action plans for post-sales projects.
- Utilize the Cisco technical service lab to recreate and resolve customer issues.
- Develop expertise in specific areas (i.e., technology, product, solution).
- Transfer this skill to mentor colleagues and/or customers via presentations or documentation (technical tips, etc...).
- Manage the issues/customers by setting expectations and meeting/exceeding those expectations to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Effectively communicate/escalate issues to engineering within Cisco, and resolutions/work-around to the customer.
- Expertise in packet core technologies like 3G, 4G, LTE, and 5G networks
- Hands-on experience with StarOS and ASR 5500
- Experience with Remote Customer Support
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong skills of Linux/Solaris/Unix
- Strong skills in database management
- Minimum of 5 years' experience (or graduate school equivalent) in the telecommunications industry
- Desire to continue learning
- Strong knowledge of protocols including TCP, UDP, Diameter and other general Routing and Switching protocols.
- BASH, Python, Perl, C, Java, or any programming/scripting experience
- Wireshark analysis
- Desired Skills
- Virtual Network Functionality knowledge
- Software-Defined Networking experience
- Virtual environments such as VMWare, KVM or Open stack
- Experience with databases, Mongo preferred
- Experience with scripting and automation tools/languages
- Experience with high availability service provider or data center environments
- System Design, Configuration Management, Development and Deployment of virtual services in multiple environments
- BS in Engineering/Computer Science/IT and/or equivalent experience, Master’s degree a plus.
- CCIE not required, but is a plus
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.