Technical Consulting Engineer
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Cisco seeks a Technical Consulting Engineer in Unified Communications technology to join some of the industry's brightest minds in developing and deploying today's most sophisticated Internet technologies.
In this role, you will gain insight on the detailed functionality of Cisco products and partner with all distributed elements of the service chain.
This Unified Communication Manager (Call Manager) Support Engineer position has the following responsibilities:
- Provides second/third level technical support for Enterprise voice technologies to Cisco customers, partners, account teams, and other Technical Assistance Center engineers.
- Applies analytical skills and technical knowledge to solve product and network problems of moderate to high complexity.
- Provides technology/product training and intellectual property material as the need arises.
- Acts as focal point for large account network problem resolution.
- Effectively utilizes moderate to sophisticated lab setups to recreate and solve problems.
- Submits complete and accurate bug reports in area of expertise.
- Ability to determine root cause and resolution for previously unknown problems.
- Interacts across TAC/HTTS/ROS teams and development teams at peer level.
- Acts as a technical expert on a global basis.
The Cisco Customer Experience (CX) TAC team is a team of exceptional technical specialists whose #1 focus is to help customers deploy and operate their networks effectively, while delivering the best possible customer experience. We measure your success through growing customer satisfaction metrics, industry recognition, and employee satisfaction scores, and excellent financial results.
Our team is made up of highly responsive and driven technology experts who love what they do:
- Enabling our customers by enabling Cisco Technology!
- We provide 2nd/3rd level technical support on a worldwide basis 24 x 7 x 365 for Enterprise voice technologies to Cisco customers, partners, account teams, and other TAC engineers.
In this role you will focus on reactive measures including diagnostics and analysis, troubleshooting and recommendations. With a technology runway that never ends, opportunities to develop your depth, breadth and diversity of technology knowledge is limitless!
Required Product Knowledge and Technical Skills:
- Applied knowledge of Networking industry, products, and protocols.
Able to determine problems and deliver known solutions with a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Minimum 4 to 8 years’ experience and a combination of the following; designing, deploying, configuring, supporting, trouble shooting, debugging and coordinating the following Unified Communications products, devices, solutions, and technologies for small, medium, large and/or enterprise businesses.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Able to determine problems and deliver known solutions with a high level of customer happiness.
- Candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to analyze, use and configure small to medium networks.
- Ability to work effectively in an interrupt driven environment and provide mentorship to other members of the work group.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM)
- IP Phones (78XX / 88XX)
- Linux Operating System basic operation and troubleshooting (i.e. Redhat Linux / CentOS)
- Desired Skills
- VoIP protocols such as SIP, SCCP
- Basic understanding of call flows involving CUCM
- Microsoft Active Directory / LDAP / LDAPS
- Basic VMWare operation and troubleshooting
- Security Certificates, SSL, TLS
- AnyConnect VPN
Typically requires BS in a technical field (CS/EE preferred) or equivalent plus 4 to 8 years related experience. Voice CCIE desired but not required.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns, and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.