Technical Consulting Engineer
Location:Mexico City, Mexico
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
What You'll Do?
Do you have a reputation for being highly technical? Are your peers in awe of your logical troubleshooting skills? Could you be described as having a highly developed passion for driving improvement? If so, then Cisco’s Server Virtualization support team seeks you!
As an engineer in the Technical Assistance Center (TAC), you'd work on problems at a deep technical level not normally experienced in a typical enterprise environment. Products supported will include the Unified Computing Systems (UCS) server line, management software, virtualized switched, hypervisors, server operating systems, and a ground breaking cloud solution. You'd be a key player recommending product changes, detailing solutions, and automating log analysis. This position affords a lot of personal growth opportunity.
Who You'll Work With?
Our team is the primary face of Cisco support to customers and partners. You’ll get to work with a wide variety of individuals and partners that seek your technical support. The global set of engineers within the Server Virtualization TAC are a trusted resource of technical knowledge. No one can know it all, so you’ll aid one another according to areas of expertise. Given the wide array of products Cisco has, cross-technology collaboration is also encouraged. We interact with many other groups internally such as account teams, developers, supply chain, professional services organizations such as Advanced Services, and many more. We’re well-connected, which means there is the ability to learn and influence continually.
Who You Are?
You'll be a vital part of our Raleigh, North Carolina campus and your abilities include working knowledge of networking industry products and protocols. You have crisis leadership skills and can handle critical customer issues/problems. Applying a vast number of resources provided to identify and resolve issues before engaging domain guides/technical leads is how you roll.
- You can build Methods Of Procedure (MOP) and action plans for post-sales projects.
- You have also applied a technical service lab to recreate and resolve customer issues.
- Enjoy supplying ideas of how we can improve as a team, automate processes/tasks, and are willing to test ideas and mentor colleagues and/or customers via presentations or documentation (technical tips, etc...).
- You understand the importance of identifying and submitting software defects to improve product quality.
- Beta Support - drive successful new product introduction in partner labs and customer live network.
- Perform ad hoc analyses and tasks as assigned
- You've achieved 8+ years’ experience or graduate school equivalent in the telecom industry.
- Your knowledge of Linux/Solaris/Unix on x86 server platforms is second to none.
- Are comfortable working in Virtual environments such as VMWare, KVM or Hyper-V
- Have a proven foundation in IP-related protocols including TCP/IP, UDP, VLANs, and general Routing and Switching protocols.
- You are a specialist in the Linux environment
- Experience with scripting and automation tools/languages
- Clearly understand Virtual Network Functionality
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with high availability service provider or data center environments and provided Remote Customer Support
- Your work experience includes System Design, Configuration Management, Development and Deployment of virtual services in multiple environments
- Are comfortable working in Virtual environments such as VMWare, KVM or Hyper-V (Can include Redhat or Suse)
- Cisco, Microsoft, and VMware Certifications. (Redhat or Suse certifications)
- HP, IBM, or Dell server support.
- Specific knowledge of products within Data Center, Security, Voice, Wireless, Routing, or Switching portfolios.
- Programming skills (Python, Ruby, C, C++, Linux, Shell Scripting, etc.)
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking adventurous risks to craft the technologies that give us inquisitive cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with outstanding personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are leaders with vision, tech enthusiasts, social media trends connoisseurs, and we even have a few purple haired hard workers. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are optimists and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.