Technical Consulting Engineer
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking
Who You'll Work With
Cisco Managed Services (CMS) organization seeks a NOC engineer to join a team of extremely talented engineers supporting strategic accounts. This is a phenomenal opportunity for someone with patience and an empathetic view of the customer to hone their skills and advance their career providing value to customers while working with an industry leader in technology. The successful candidate will have a track record and desire to excel at both technical issue resolution and customer management.
What You'LL Do
As part of the Cisco CMS organization, you will be part of a dynamic, fast paced and encouraging team that will build you up as you manage the technical support for some of Cisco's biggest customers. You will be given the opportunity to work alongside many of Cisco's Technical and Sophisticated Service organizations and will receive unique insight into the IT services industry all the way from pre-sales to day 2 support as an engineer focused on some of Cisco’s key customers.
Tier 2 Engineer also called as first level of Partner concern are expected to reduce the number of incidents causing service failures by detecting the root cause of recurrent failures and implementing the proper changes to eliminate, minimize the possibility of further failures or minimizing the impact of incidents. This team is focused on long term prevention and reduction of failures.
These groups are responsible for providing required level 2 support to the Incident Management teams, Change management Team, Problem management Team. They perform complex diagnostics to resolve the customer service impacting incidents. They provide continual updates to the incident owners in order to meet contractual and performance objectives
Inputs to Tire 2 Engineer:
- Incident details provided from Incident management teams;
- Configuration details (Hardware and software)
- Previously published Known-Errors;
- Vendor or Partner information.
- Inputs from Tire 1 Engineers
- Severity 2 Incident detected by the Managed Service Platform.
- Inputs from customer on Audit Findings.
- Own the problem until a work-around or permanent resolution is identified
- To publish Known-Errors discovered during problem investigation.
- Engage Tier 3 in case they need assistance on higher technical resolutions.
- Join all the Bridge Lines for fixing along with Incident manager
- To create or suggest RFC for permanent resolution of identified known-errors;
- Change Management Responsibilities: Tier2 is also responsible for the preparation of Change Documents for all changes
- Tire 2 Engineers are expected to coordinate with TAC and BU for all intensified issues till the closure of the issue.
This is hybrid role where candidate needs to have working experience with IP R&S which is more traditional knowledge, DC (20%) and Wireless (10%)
Who You Are
- B Tech. qualified (favorable - IT, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering).
- CCNP – Routing & Switching or Data Center. (Mandatory). CCIE (advantage)
- ITIL Foundation V3
- 5-8 years of overall experience in Large SP or Enterprise with at least 4 Years in the relevant technologies.
- A creative, positive and proactive can-do attitude and an ability to learn new technologies, processes and procedures.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressured, multi-functional, cross country, territory and theatre environment.
- Ability to work as a standout colleague and to work with minimal direction.
- Demonstrate high-level of maturity and confidentiality.
- Attention to detail and social skills
- Possess good communications skills
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!