Technical Consulting Engineer
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Technology InterestNetworking, Security, Service Provider
The role of the Network Consulting Engineer / Lab Administrator is to manage and build Labs, solutions and provide support to engineers. This includes replicating customer scenarios. Install and configure various equipment (Routers, Switches, Servers) in Lab.
Role & Responsibilities:
• Manage, Build and support CX Lab in Krakow Cisco Campus.
• Builds strong team relationships with Global CX LAB teams and Customer Support Engineers, Network Consulting engineers.
• Assist and facilitate technical problems recreations in the lab environment.
• Provide Lab support as per the SLA’s defined in Lab policy
• Help plan, implement, optimize, and maintain the lab infrastructure of power, cabling, communication servers, security, remote access, and overall infrastructure for the lab. Do this in alignment with the global CX LAB standards, SLAs, and strategies.
• Manage equipment inventory
• Install, custom cable, configure, integrate, and troubleshoot infrastructure switches, communication servers, routers, firewalls, SAN devices, network appliances, and test tools for the lab.
• Automate manual tasks using scripts and lab tools.
• Configure and maintain Lab infrastructure
• Provide Lab support in Shift timings as required by business
• Works closely with his colleagues to achieve common goals.
• Strives to technical excellence and expertise
• Automate manual tasks using scripts and lab tools. Help virtualize the lab’s networks and server farms using VMWare and networking technologies.
• Provide level 2-3 troubleshooting support for our clients and customers.
• Determine methods and procedure for solving highly complex technical issues encompassing hardware, software, and networking.
• Experience in the telecommunications networking industry is a plus but not mandatory pre-requisites.
• In-depth academic and working knowledge of IP networking protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP).
• Experience with LAN Switching equipment and layer 2 protocols.
• Hands-on experience with DNS, DHCP, VPN, Firewalls, IDS, and AAA.
• Understanding of labs and lab infrastructure (power distribution, communication servers, Ethernet infrastructure, IT and InfoSec processes)
• In-depth knowledge of network management, network availability, and capacity planning.
• Experience with network automation and scripting.
• Understanding of Microsoft Windows, Linux, and UNIX administration.
• Good communication skills, active listener. Ability to quickly diagram and document current and future lab designs.
• Ability to identify and analyze complex problems and decompose them into actionable and measurable plans. Participate in strategic network planning- Contribute to design forums and enterprise network architecture.
• Self-motivated, strong initiative, and customer focus. Works in alignment with team members and management.
• Education Requirements: Require BS or MS in Technical Field (TE/EE/CS Preferred)
• Autonomous worker with team spirit
• Flexible: very able to adapt to a changing environment
• Out-of-the-box thinker
• Performs well under pressure and in disruptive environments where priorities can change in response to customer demand(essential)
• Able to take initiative and drive change
• Eager to learn and curious.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Team player
• Capacity and passion to help customers. Good customer engagement