Technical Consulting Engineer
Location:Dalian, Liaoning, China
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Technology InterestNetworking, Service Provider
As a Technical Consulting Engineer to provide technical support to CISCO customers in Great China via phone. As we provide 24x7 support service, for this position, it may be required for middle/night shifts.
The Technical Consulting Engineer provides advanced technical support in a professional manner, resolving customer issues and closing customer trouble tickets efficiently. The TCE will support small, medium, large (Fortune 500) and often strategic Cisco customers during both pre-and post-sales periods. The TCE will be responsible for ensuring that the customer relationship is managed through proactive customer communications, by providing rapid response and guaranteeing that estimated response times are communicated up front.
The TCE has broad expertise, unique knowledge and wide-ranging experience and uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways. These issues often include Cisco security product defects/alert, network attack, and assistance with complex product configurations, performance tuning and optimization, troubleshooting delivery/connectivity issues and training the customer on unfamiliar features. Unusual failures and new product are escalated to Deployment Engineering (DE) for technical resolution, with the TCE maintaining control of the account and communicating with the customer throughout the process.
The TCE is assigned a standard work shift. The TCE will also provide off-hours coverage for critical customer issues during nights and weekends.
Required Experience and Skills:
* Absolute passion for customer satisfaction.
* Previous experience in a Customer Support role.
* Extraordinary troubleshooting skills and diligence.
* Strong English Communication Skill
* Strong basic networking knowledge
* 3 to 5 years IT operational background.
* Typically requires BS in CS or EE or equivalent plus 5 years' Networking related experience
* CCIE Preferred
• Passion to proactively seek ways to make our customers happy.
• Entrepreneurship, sense of urgency: The successful candidate possess a high energy level which allows them to react to situations quickly and decisively, possessing self-confidence to be assertive when taking a position.
• Indomitable work ethic: The successful candidate will reject setbacks and will enthusiastically persist until ambitious goals are achieved. He or she will be resourceful and innovative at tackling complex challenges in a timely matter.
• Accountability: He or she should be a results oriented team player who leads by example, holds himself accountable for performance, takes absolute ownership, and champions all aspects of customer support.
Provide technical support for Cisco's Security customers, VARs, and Distributors via telephone, email. Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Logging and resolving customer calls
• Work with customer to understand their concerns
• Triage/root-cause the problem
• Provide status to the customer and sales team (as necessary)
• Submit Bug reports to Engineering
• Submit Enhancement requests to Product Management
• Track problems until they are resolved to the customer’s satisfaction
• Attending Cisco Security product training and other industry courses necessary to provide effective technical support.