Technical Consulting Engineer
Location:Dubai, Dubayy, United Arab Emirates
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
What You’ll Do
High Touch Engineering Services is design to help customers improve network availability and functionality to achieve their business goals. In this role, you will be "Cisco's face to the customer," working in a fast-paced, high-impact environment as a technical contributor delivering on our commitments. You need to be a creative problem solver, and rapidly responding to raised issues. With a well established mix of broad networking knowledge and specific area expertise, as well as excellent Customer Relationship Management (CRM) skills, you're well positioned to become a trusted advisor capable of building solid, long-term relationships with customers.
- Possess detailed knowledge of customer network, critical sites, operating procedures as agreed upon with customer.
- Lead the troubleshooting effort on problem reported by customer on issues to restore services in timely manner
- Customer-specific designated support at network level
- Support for critical cases of network outages and complex network issues
- Established Technical Relationship to support customer network operations
- Able to assist in maintenance window coverage
- Regular scheduled review of open Service Requests working with Cisco TAC engineer to achieve a faster resolution.
- Holistic technical management of recurring & Chronic network problems.
- Enhanced service delivery capability through broad understanding of customer's operational needs and integration with assigned Cisco Services team.
- Improve communication with other functional groups within Technical Services and Sales team to focus on customer success.
- Responsible for delivering Root Cause Analysis reports for highly raised issues
- Technical advisor for software recommendations and high level network optimizations
- Interlock with Cisco internal BU teams and act as Customer Advocate providing areas of improvements for issues reported by end customers
Who You Are
Graduate in engineering from reputed university with minimum 8 years of experience, at least 5 years of work experience is required on Cisco products and technologies.
Strong Technical knowledge in:
- Broadband Network Gateway (BNG)
- LAN switching & Data Center technologies and protocols.
- IP Networking, Routing, MPLS, L2-L3 VPN solutions for Enterprise & Service Providers
- Cisco Security products & VPN
- Cisco SDN solutions (ACI, NSO, SD-X) is a plus
- Good knowledge of Network Programmability (Python, XML, NetConf, Yang)
- Hands on experience on IOS, IOS XE, IOS-XR, NX-OS
- Expert troubleshooting skills for a large-scale Service Provider & Enterprise Network
- Must possess good technical account management skills, In-depth knowledge of network management, network availability
- CCIE Certification or equivalent strongly preferred
- Effective Communicator, delivers complex information in a confident and convincing manner for higher management and subsequent operations teams
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.