Technical Consulting Engineer - XR
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
For years, Cisco's vision has been to change the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns. Our vision is more relevant today than ever. We made the Internet what it is today. First, we focused on creating connectivity. Now, we're entering the Internet of Everything transition—an era where we'll help create unprecedented value by connecting the unconnected.
The Internet of Everything is a global industry phenomenon that is driving the biggest market transition for Cisco and our customers. This includes the intelligent connection of people, process, data, and things. It's where everything is converged on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant and valuable than before.
To help us bring this vision to life, join us in our exciting journey. TOMORROW starts here.
The person will be responsible for providing technical support for Cisco products and networking technologies to Cisco's customers and partners world-wide.
Workload is high but the breadth and diversity of technology exposure is second to none.
Our engineers have strong fundamental "core" networking skills with specialist technology skills in one or more of the areas.
Increasingly individuals that also bring architecture technology skills in addition to specialist areas are valued.
There are opportunities to make lateral moves across the various teams over time. Likewise, after time many engineers have followed career paths into a variety of Cisco disciplines.
- Reports to a Manager, Customer Delivery.
- Builds strong team relationships with other engineers. Enjoys sharing knowledge. Effectively troubleshoots problems both alone and as part of a team, depending on the nature of the incident.
- Connects directly with Cisco customers and builds effective working relationships while solving their issues. Manages customer expectations and always aims to leave the customers feeling valued and overall positive about Cisco.
- Provide technical support to partners and/or customers for Cisco technologies, products, and/or solutions.
- Responsible for resolving moderately to highly complex technical problems, depending on the customers' need.
- Simulate technical problems in a lab environment.
- Share knowledge with other people in writing technical documents and enlarge the knowledge database.
- Provide internal and/or external technical presentations (cross-training).
- Escalate some specific problems to the responsible Business Units for product enhancement.
- Work closely with his colleagues to achieve common goals.
- Strive to technical excellence and expertise.
Travel / Shifts:
- Limited if any travel required.
- The job holders will work to European office hours and provide some weekend support cover.
- Strong fundamental "core" networking skills, including routing, switching, and/or network security (essential)
- Profound knowledge in one or more of the following areas (as we are looking for different specializations): Network Management, Security, Routing, Switching, Service Provider
- Strong knowledge of IT Architecture (advantageous)
- Fluent English speaker (essential)
- Autonomous worker with team spirit (essential)
- Eager to learn. Technical aptitude to assimilate new learning quickly (essential)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (essential)
- Flexible: very able to adapt to a changing environment (essential)
- Out-of-the-box thinker (essential)
- Able to take initiative and drive change (essential)
- Performs well under pressure and in disruptive environments where priorities can change in response to customer demand(essential)
- Capacity and passion to help customers. Good customer engagement (essential)
- Team player (essential)
Industry or Sector Experience:
- Prior experience in a technical support capacity (advantageous).
- Prior experience of high-level technical problem solving (essential)
- Bachelors in Computer Studies or Engineering or equivalent (essential)
- Cisco and other relevant technical certification (advantageous)
As we realize our globalization strategies and move in to new markets, our diverse, inclusive culture also creates a competitive advantage for Cisco. It ensures we have the fresh ideas and execution capabilities and the local knowledge we need to best serve our customers and build our presence around the globe. By gaining a better understanding of the world and the differences in its people we can change the way it works, lives, plays, and learns.