Technical Consulting Engineer - Wireless 8-15 Years
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Technology InterestWireless, Mobility
Who You’ll Work With
The TAC Wireless team works on sophisticated, challenging issues with some of Cisco's top customers. You'll be part of a team dedicated to solving our customers’ most important business challenges. And you will do it by delivering intelligent networks and technology and business architectures built on integrated products, services and software platforms. You will provide 2nd/3rd level technical support for Wireless technologies.
What You’ll do
TAC is a team of highly skilled engineers whose #1 focus is to help customers deploy and operate their networks effectively while delivering the best possible customer experience. Our success is validated through excellent financial results, growing customer happiness metrics, industry recognition, and employee happiness scores.
- You will have the opportunity to apply your analytical skills and technical knowledge to tackle product and network problems of moderate-high complexity.
- You will consistently deliver great Customer Experience for Cisco Wireless products by resolving technical issues over telephone, email and remote sessions (Webex).
- You will work with critical customer accounts and handle issue requests.
- You're happy to provide technology/product training and intellectual property material as required.
- You effectively utilize moderate to sophisticated lab setups to recreate and solve problems
- You will submit complete and correct bug reports in areas of expertise.
Who You Are
Cisco seeks a Customer Support Engineer in Wireless technology to join some of the industry's brightest minds in developing and deploying today's most advanced Internet technologies. In this role, you will gain insight on the detailed functionality of Cisco products and partner with all distributed elements of the service chain. You demonstrate a proficiency and appetite for learning new technologies, evidenced by the ability to expand upon core knowledge. This is a great opportunity for someone with perseverance and an empathetic view of the customer to hone their skills and advance their career contributing to customers success while working with an industry leader in networking technology.
- BE or MS CS/EE/EC with 2+ years of Industry Experience
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication skills
- Hard-working with demonstrable experience in resolving sophisticated technical issues in Enterprise Networks
- Demonstrable ability to work autonomously & independently
- Excellent Problem-solving and probing skills.
- Deep understanding of IEEE 802.11 standards (a,b,g), 802.1x, Wi-Fi
- Knowledge of WLAN Security in the areas of authentication, encryption, IDS/IPS using Radius, AAA authentication, EAP, LEAP, PEAP, PSK
- WEP encryption (Wired Equivalent Privacy,WPA (Wi-Fi Protocol Access), WPA2
- Experience with WLSM, WiSM, WCS etc
- Hands-on with packet level troubleshooting such Over-the-air captures, Span captures using tools such as Wireshark etc
- Ability to diagnose and analyze issues through debugs and logs.
- Knowledge of RF Site Survey and related tools like Airmagnet, Ekahau
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, SNMP, LAN/WAN routing/switching and other network layer protocols a plus
- Cisco Certifications in Wireless Technology is a plus (CCNA, CCNP R&S, CCNA-W, CCNP-W, CCIE-W)
- Vendor Neutral certifications such as CWNA, CWSP etc will also be considered.
- NMS,SNMP experience is a bonus
Prime Infrastructure, Wireless , Mobility Service Engine, Technical Support Engineer, CWNA, CWNP, CCNA, CCIE, CMX, Access Points, Wifi-6, AireOS, WLC, Wireshark
#WeAreCisco. We are all unique, but collectively we bring our talents to work as a team, to develop innovative technology and power a more inclusive, digital future for everyone. How do we do it? Well, for starters – with people like you!
Nearly every internet connection around the world touches Cisco. We’re the Internet’s optimists. Our technology makes sure the data travelling at light speed across connections does so securely, yet it’s not what we make but what we make happen which marks us out. We’re helping those who work in the health service to connect with patients and each other; schools, colleges and universities to teach in even the most challenging of times. We’re helping businesses of all shapes and size to connect with their employees and customers in new ways, providing people with access to the digital skills they need and connecting the most remote parts of the world – whether through 5G, or otherwise.
We tackle whatever challenges come our way. We have each other’s backs, we recognise our accomplishments, and we grow together. We celebrate and support one another – from big and small things in life to big career moments. And giving back is in our DNA (we get 10 days off each year to do just that).
We know that powering an inclusive future starts with us. Because without diversity and a dedication to equality, there is no moving forward. Our 30 Inclusive Communities, that bring people together around commonalities or passions, are leading the way. Together we’re committed to learning, listening, caring for our communities, whilst supporting the most vulnerable with a collective effort to make this world a better place either with technology, or through our actions.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire salaries in U.S. locations. For non-sales roles, the hiring ranges reflect base salary and do not include bonuses, equity, or benefits. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive target, and do not include equity or benefits. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.