Technical Consulting Engineer - Web Security
Area of InterestSecurity
Technology InterestNetworking, Security
- Provide technical support for Cloud Security (Web Security) to Cisco customers, partners, account teams and other internal technical support teams.
- Work on challenging network problems which require excellent technical, analytical, troubleshooting and interpersonal skills.
- Utilize moderate to complex laboratory setups to recreate and solve problems.
- Collaborate across the board with colleagues locally and entire global support team.
- Attend ongoing technical training and work on assigned projects that will improve and further develop the success of the technology.
Who You'll Work With
Cisco's Customer Experience is the focal point for resolution of customer technical issues. We are a worldwide organization of 1000+ highly skilled engineers that craft and make a positive impact on the customer experience.
Within today's highly connected and increasingly social world of complex and sophisticated threats, Cisco is addressing these risks by offering elite security protection. You will be challenged, learn and be energized as you resolve complex technical issues in this ever-evolving landscape. Make an impact by joining the Cloud Security support team.
Who You Are
- Bachelor's (or Master of Science) or foreign degree equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field
- 3+ years of practical experience in configuring, supporting, and troubleshooting networks
- Knowledge and understanding of networking: TCP/IP, network proxies, HTTP/HTTPS protocols
- Experience with Linux / FreeBSD
- Strong written and verbal English skills
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to establish and maintain confidence and take ownership of issues
- Active listening skills, and ability to think creatively, and innovate
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Prior experience in designing, configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting Cisco Security Products, for example WSA / SMA, firewalls, IPS/IDS or similar systems
- Experience in managing / deploying network security (ACLs, whitelisting/blacklisting)
- Experience with VMware and Hyper-V
- Knowledge in Microsoft Active Directory
- Knowledge of some of programming or scripting language (Python knowledge)
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.