Technical Consulting Engineer - VPN
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestTechnical Support
Technology InterestNetworking, Security
What You'll Do
Cisco Customer Experience (CX) TAC team is a team of outstanding technical specialists whose #1 focus is to help customers deploy and operate their networks effectively, while delivering the best possible customer experience. You can measure your success through excellent financial results, growing customer happiness metrics, industry recognition, and employee satisfaction scores.
Who you’ll Work With
Our team is made up of highly-responsive and driven technology specialists who love what they do: Enabling our Customers by enabling Cisco Technology! We provide 2nd/3rd level technical support on a worldwide basis 24 x 7 x 365 to Cisco customers, partners, account teams, and other TAC engineers. In this role you will focus on reactive measures including diagnostics and analysis, as well as, recommendations. With a technology runway that never ends, opportunities to develop your depth, breadth and diversity of technology is limitless!
Who You Are
We're looking for team members that are trained in Networking and Security products and technologies.
This is a phenomenal opportunity for someone with perseverance, an empathetic view of the customer and good customer relationship management skills to hone their skills and advance their career by contributing to customers in the form of current and future type of post-sale services.
- You've achieved a Bachelor or Master degree in Engineering (Telecommunications Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering).
- You have 3+ years of related experience.
- Your experience includes direct customer support.
- Good technical foundation in networking (CCNA equivalent level or above) is required.
- Good knowledge of Cisco Security products; ASA, IOS and IOS-XE ZBPF, CSM, NGFW, NGIPS, FTD, FirePower and NAT. General VPN protocol knowledge (ISAKMP, IKEv2, IPsec SSL). Wireshark and other tools for TCP/IP packet capture analysis.
- You're passionate about and have the ability to learn and work in a multicultural team environment.
- You're motivated by a service excellence attitude. You drive to achieve goals with limited supervision.
- Analytical skills
- Ability to communicate in English effectively both verbally and in writing required; other languages would be a plus.
- Other technology or product knowledge, experience or certifications in the following areas are a plus: routing, switching, wireless, programming skills (C, C++, Linux, Shell Scripting)
- Preference for Cisco Certification: CCNP R&S, CCNP Security, CCIE security.