Technical Consulting Engineer - Tetration Analytics - México City
Location:Mexico City, Mexico
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics, Networking
What You'll Do
The Cisco Technical Services group provides extraordinary support for customers around the globe. Your opportunity to impact the health and performance of networks and systems that surround us all are limitless. Career growth options will be ambitious, as we realize our vision to become the #1 IT Company in the world. Make an impact with us!
Who You'll Work With
Our Customer Support Engineers play a crucial role in helping customers solve problems. On this team, you will get the opportunity to work in an unusually diverse and socially responsible environment with one of the most innovative companies in the high-tech industry. You'll be coached and mentored by some of the industry's brightest minds who will help challenge and develop your technical skills.
It's an exciting time to join this newly formed group of TAC Engineers. Get in as a founding member of Support group where you will support customers on a groundbreaking technology! Strong DevOps Skills for an expert Linux Systems engineer with an ability for automating infrastructure environments. The role offers You the chance to troubleshoot, script automation and deploy solutions across the Linux based infrastructure. Will also offer you the freedom to enhance and improve the existing Open Source software. This role requires working closely with the Software engineering teams and automating deployments.
In this role you will:
- Interface and Collaborate with CSEs, SEs, NCEs, Technical Leaders and internal engineering departments.
- Provide second/third level technical support for Linux technologies
- Apply analytical skills and technical knowledge to tackle product and software problems of moderate to high complexity. As a technical authority and provide support on a worldwide basis
- Provides technology/product training and intellectual property material as required
- Utilize moderate to complex lab setups to recreate and solve problems
Who You Are
You can demonstrated technical and Customer Service skills at a global level, to not only resolve customer issues, but also show understanding and insight to establish relationships, and promoted industry leading customer satisfaction. You're energetic, motivated, with a positive outlook to make suggestions and work with the team to build customer confidence and make continuous improvements of our support processes and tools.
- Linux expertise – Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
- Big Data and /or Hadoop Administration experience such as: Spark, Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS), Kafka
- Scripting/coding in one or more of Python/Ruby/Java/Jscript preferably Python and Java
- Software development and debugging experience)
- Previous experience working in a DevOps/Customer Support roles.
- Excellent English communication skill.
- Ability to work well in stressful situations
- Willing to work on some weekends if asked my management.
- Experience with MongoDB is desired
- Working knowledge of Nexus (N9K) and UCS products
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.#Linux
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.