Technical Consulting Engineer (TAC)- Switching, Server/Storage Virtualization, UCS (4-6 Years)
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
What You'll Do
As Technical Consulting Engineer part of our CX Support Services, you will work on sophisticated and in depth networking problems requiring strong analytical, problem solving, engineering, and interpersonal skills. You will be responsible for driving successful resolution of technical issues reported by customers and thinking on innovative ways to avoid issues in the future. The problem resolution path involves in-depth research on technical topics, reproduction of customer's environments and issues using Cisco lab equipment comprising all Cisco products, technical exchange and discussions with product development and engineering teams, interaction with Cisco Technical Leaders and, very meaningfully, strong communications skills in order to interface optimal with Customers and internal partners.
Roles and Responsibilities
You will represent Cisco every day in every case, always thinking in the best interest of our Customers.
You will also detect potential design issue in the customer environment in order to provide standard methodologies and suggestions for customers to implement their solutions in the most efficient way through any or a combination of the following (but not limited to) these tasks
- Analyse, configure and fix software and/or underlying OS issues.
- Effectively craft and utilize sophisticated lab setups to duplicate and tackle problems, validate planned changes to software design.
- Provide remote troubleshooting support to resolve customer issues
- Develop and maintain strong relationship with customer and other Cisco teams.
- Establish Technical Relationship to support customer network operations.
- Customer-specific support at product and software level to resolve and debug sophisticated problems
- Deliver support for critical network outages and sophisticated software issues.
- Priority support for identified key customer functionalities and issues
- Effectively work with multi-functional teams to resolve critical customer issues.
- Work towards continuous learning, results orientation and partnership.
Who You'll Work With
CX is a team of best-in-class technical experts whose #1 focus is to help customers plan, design, deploy and operate their networks effectively while delivering the best possible customer experience. Our success is validated through exceptional financial results, growing customer happiness metrics, industry recognition, and employee happiness scores.
The team is group of highly skilled, dynamic, diverse, and hardworking engineers who go above and beyond in assisting not just the customer but also their teammates and peers. “Work hard, play harder” is the motto of the team. There is a good mix of engineers with varying years of experience (from 3 years all the way to 18 years) in Cisco technologies and solutions, and each-and-every-one of them bring phenomenal value to the table.
Who You Are
- Solid experience analyzing, using and configuring medium to large networks
- Strong experience supporting client servers (blades and rack systems)
- Strong Server/Storage Proven experience
- Previous experience providing high level technical support within a Server environment
- Knowledge of controllers, drivers and networking components
- VMware knowledge or certifications would be a distinct advantage
- Sound switching experience
- Knowledge of fiber channel operation and protocols.
- Experience installing drivers/updating drivers
- Relevant Storage, Network or Server O/S certifications.
- Knowledge of server OS – Windows, VMware, Linux
- Troubleshooting experience within Ethernet and SAN environment
- Storage: Troubleshooting SAN Switching/Zoning/FC protocols/FCOE issues on MDS/Brocade.
- HCI: Installation and troubleshooting of Hyperconverged Infrastructure (HCI)will be added advantage.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The proven ability to work autonomously
- Enjoys telephone and email based customer support.
- Strong teamwork, collaboration and leadership skills
- The ability to work within a sophisticated, fast paced environment
- The ability to work within a constantly changing environment
- Strong learning ability that is able to absorb sophisticated issues
- Strong quality assurance mentality
- The ability to resolve sophisticated problems
- Preferred Certification: CCIE, CCNA/CCNP, RHCE, MCSE/MCTS, VCP
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.