Technical Consulting Engineer (TAC)- Switching, Server/Storage Virtualization, UCS ,(3-6 Years)
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
What You’ll Do
Technical Services is team of world-class technical experts whose #1 focus is to help customers deploy and operate their networks effectively while delivering the best possible customer experience. Our success is validated through outstanding financial results, growing customer happiness metrics, industry recognition, and employee happiness scores.
- Provide second/third level technical support for ACI (Application Centric Infrastructure) / Data Center solutions
- Sophisticated Troubleshooting consisting of one or more of the following areas:
- Data Center Cloud Services Support
- Data Center Switching Support
- Data Center Computing Support
- Apply analytical skills and technical knowledge to solve product and software problems of moderate to high complexity.
- Acts as a technical professional and provides support on a world-wide basis. Provides technology/product training and intellectual property material as the need arises, including mentoring to other engineers.
- Interacts across TAC (Technical Assistance Center) teams, 3rd party vendors, Cisco Sales and Professional Services, Development and Engineering teams.
- Works on sophisticated problems where analysis requires in-depth evaluation of various factors within the Data Center environment and across 3rd parties. Utilize moderate to sophisticated lab setups to recreate and solve these problems.
- Participate in business and innovation initiatives
- Open to learning and working technologies such as security, wireless etc as our business grows and evolves a new era of “network programmability”
Who You’ll Work With
Our Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) and Data Center (DC) Customer Support Engineers play a crucial role in providing world class “solution support” to customers/partners/account teams to solve their problems. ACI is a new and revolutionary technology to allow application requirements to define the network. Cisco transforms next-generation data center and cloud deployments with our portfolio of products radically simplifying and optimising the entire application deployment lifecycle. On this team, you will get the opportunity to work in a uniquely diverse and socially responsible environment with one of the most innovative companies in the high-tech industry. You’ll be coached and mentored by some of the industry’s brightest minds who will help challenge and develop your technical skills. This role will offer extensive training and development.
Who You Are
- A positive outlook and a demonstrated ability to work with customers in a support environment
- 5 or more years of customer support experience, including strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, validated crisis management skills and ability to handle critical customer issues/problems
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- Experience with Virtualization (OpenStack / VMware vSphere / Microsoft Hyper V / Red Hat KVM / Linux Containers etc)
- Working knowledge of Data Center, Cloud and Virtualization industry, products and protocols
- Proficient level of English with great verbal and written communication skills
- Cisco certification is a plus (CCIE DC / R&S / etc), but not mandatory. Other vendor’s qualifications and experience are welcome.
- Understanding of routing & switching (Ideally CCNP R&S level or equivalent)
- Knowledge of Nexus Switches and UCS products, Python or other programming languages is beneficial.
- Experience with L4-L7- load balancing, firewalls, etc
- Knowledge of Linux. Experience with multiple distributions (Red Hat, Ubuntu, etc), networking (bonding, bridging, iptables, vlans, OVS, etc), virtualization (KVM, libvirt, etc), and server software (Apache, open iSCSI, NFS, MySQL and/or Galera, MongoDB, etc)
- Ability to work effectively with and provide mentorship to other members by Resolving methods and procedures on new assignments, mentoring more junior engineers and promoting/soliciting ideas within TAC team
- Other technology disciplines may be considered
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.