Technical Consulting Engineer (TAC)- Datacenter (ACI/Nexus) (5+ Years)
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
What You’ll do
- Provide 3rd level consultation to debug complex & unusual network topologies with mixed media protocols (Data Center Switching) to Cisco customers.
- Work on complex problems where analysis of situations requires in-depth evaluation of factors.
- Provide systems/product training to customers, and giving towards building a knowledge base for customer support and internal partners.
- Focal point for high impact, large enterprise account problem resolution related to their Data Centers.
- Collaborate with VARs, OEMs, end-users, and internal engineering departments to drive quality into the product.
- Interacts across HTTS ( High Touch Technical Services ) teams and development teams at peer level.
Who You'll Work With
CX is a team of exceptional technical guides whose #1 focus is to deliver best in class customer experience. We help tackle the toughest business challenges with network-centric solutions that accelerate customer and partner success and dedication. Our success is validated through outstanding financial results, growing customer happiness metrics, industry recognition, and employee happiness scores.
The Data Centre Switching team works on complex, substantial issues with some of Cisco's top customers. It's a superb opportunity to master the latest technology and products, while working with a technically diverse and encouraging team. Grow your skills in a dynamic, team oriented environment and join some of the industry's brightest minds in deploying and supporting today's most advanced Internet technologies.
Who You Are
- Typically requires Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent plus 8-10 years related Data Centre related experience.
- CCIE – DC
- In-depth knowledge of the following areas: Data Centre Networking and Data Centre Products.
- You should have good experience in Networking industry experience and knowledge of products and protocols.
- You are a trusted resource in the areas of Nx-OS, IOS-XR, IOS-XE and its underlying platforms and technologies (Routing & Switching protocols, Datacenter technologies and related capabilities).
- Data Center Layer 2 overlays for example VXLAN, EVPN
- Layer 2 security features for example port security, MACsec, ACL, private VLANs
- Layer 3 Overlay Protocols
- Network management protocols for example PTP, NTP, DNS, DHCP
- Experienced level knowledge in the areas of: IP internetworking, LAN Switching Protocols (MLS, CEF, Trunking (802.1Q), STP, HSRP, LACP/PAGP), IP Routing protocols (IGRP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP)
- You can independently tackle problems in broad, sophisticated, and unique networks with mixed protocols in high end routing environments for our largest customers.
- You will provide support to engineers from multiple teams as well as the field and aids them in problem resolution.
- You are able to work on sophisticated and diverse problems where analysis requires imaginative and innovative troubleshooting.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!