Technical Consulting Engineer - Splunk, ETL tools, Data Analytics / Application support Exp | 4+ years
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Technology InterestNetworking, Security, Service Provider
Who we are
The primary role would include passionately leading an NMS system to reduce/avoid potential issues. The candidate should be a guide in System administration skills along with hands on knowledge with any NMS application. The candidate is expected to understand and work with automation tools for increased and faster productivity- Scripting knowledge is a must to be successful in this role. The employee would need to understand concepts of SaaS along with virtualization and Data centre components
Who you'll work with
The CMS Platform Operations team seeks a Lead Application Support Engineer to join some of the industry's brightest minds to support a state of art monitoring platform.
Who you are
Role & Responsibilities:
Engineer is expected to:
- Drive resolution of complex Incidents/Events
- Interface regularly with Engineering, Delivery, Architecture teams etc. on regular basis for knowledge upgrade and feedbacks sharing.
- Work with Problem Managers for PBI investigation and RCAs
- Providing escalation support for Tier 1 and 2
- Contribute to the Knowledgebase
- Provide technical inputs to change and release management
- Cross collaborate with other SMEs and cross functional teams
Bachelorís Degree level or equivalent
- Minimum Five years of Transactional Application configuration and maintenance experience
- Minimum 8 years of relevant industry experience
Desired Skills and Responsibilities
- Splunk Admin certified engineer/architect
- Strong Python scripting knowledge on Splunk, should be able to develop and troubleshoot Splunk Apps
- Experience with software product build, install, upgrade, and support of Splunk and analytics products
- Good understanding in Tomcat, Apache
- Good understanding/Experience with SQL databases and NoSQL DB (e.g. Mongo DB)
- Good understanding Linux/OS administration and advanced troubleshooting
- Expertise in VMWare Technologies
- Good understanding of Databases
- Expertise in troubleshooting complex issues ñ Analytical skills
- Outstanding customer interaction skills
- Knowledge of ITIL Processes
At Cisco, each person brings their rare talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.