Technical Consulting Engineer - Service Provider (IOX)
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
What you'll Do
We are seeking a support engineer to join our Customer Experience team supporting premium customer’s production networks mostly based across EMEAR. You will be providing remote and onsite technical support for Cisco’s XR-based platforms.
Who you'll work with
You will be part of Cisco's CX (customer experience) Organization. As mentioned above, you will work very closely with our High Touch Operations Managers (HTOM), Network Consulting Engineers (NCE), Systems Engineers (SE), as well as the Service Delivery Manager (SDM) aligned to this engagement.
In this role, you will gain insight on the detailed functionality of Cisco products and partner with all distributed elements of the service chain. This is a great opportunity for someone with patience and an empathetic view of the customer to hone their skills and advance their career providing value to customers while working with an industry leader in networking technology. You will establish and maintain close relationships with your internal Cisco peers, (HTOMS, COMs, NCEs, SDMs, PMs), and most importantly the Customer in an ongoing basis, as well as their Leadership team. Here are some additional responsibilities of the role:
Who you are
First and foremost you enjoy troubleshooting and solving problems. You also possess an in-depth knowledge of enterprise, data center and XR related technologies. You have experience giving onsite technical support and speak English fluently. You also work independently, receiving minimal supervision, with no instruction on routine work and general instruction on new assignments.
The ideal candidate demonstrates an aptitude and appetite for learning new technologies, evidenced by the ability to expand upon core knowledge. This is a great opportunity for someone with patience and an empathetic view of the customer to hone their skills and advance their career providing value to customers while working with an industry leader in networking technology. Business impact of this role is major.
• BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent
• Deep knowledge of telecommunication systems, network environments, and Data Center.
• Ability to analyze, use and configure medium and large enterprise/SP networks.
• Ability to work independently, as this position only receives minimal supervision with no instruction on routine work and general instruction on new assignments.
• Able to isolate and resolve problems, figure out root cause, and deliver known solutions with a high level of customer satisfaction.
• Ability to demonstrate strong knowledge on Cisco XR products (ASR9000, NCS5500, CRS, NCS6000, etc.)
• Optional: CCIE RS / CCIE SP or equivalent industry recognized certification
• Scripting experience (Python)
• Automation & Programming skills
What’s in it for you?
• You will become industry leading top networking expert with exceptional world-class problem solving and network troubleshooting skills. Each new case brings a new challenge and a new customer with a new network infrastructure to troubleshoot.
• You will get targeted training helping you to ramp up your knowledge based on a multiple phased learning plan.
• The training process spans across many months and includes experience. You will also get a personal mentor to guide you and to support you during the initial months to ensure your success.
• You will have free/unlimited access to any of Cisco’s hardware and software products from across the entire Cisco portfolio. As part of solving issues for customers and reproducing customer environments you will have access to a worldwide network of 24/7 dedicated internal Cisco Labs that span across several locations worldwide where you can find any device, model or even module. If you enjoy configuration and setting up network devices, this is the job for you!