Technical Consulting Engineer - Seoul
Location:Seoul, Seoul-Teukbyeolsi, Republic Of Korea
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking, Wireless, Mobility
Why You'll Love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What You’ll Do
You will be part of a dynamic, fast paced and supportive team that will build you up as you manage the technical support for some of Cisco’s biggest customers. You will be given the opportunity to work alongside many of our Customer Experience (CX) Technical Customer Delivery organizations and will receive unique insight into the IT services industry all the way from pre-sales to day 2 support as a Technical Consulting Engineer (TCE) focused on Cisco’s key customers.
Who You’ll Work With
The CX Customer Delivery team is a team of world-class technical experts whose #1 focus is to help customers deploy and operate their networks effectively while delivering the best possible customer experience. Our success is validated through outstanding financial results, increasing customer satisfaction metrics, industry recognition, and employee satisfaction scores. The successful candidate will be trained in-house and will work side by side with seasoned engineers.
Who You Are
The function of a TCE helps customers maximize network availability and functionality to achieve their business goals. The TCE delivers the technologies, solutions and services to customers in need to expertly manage their networks.
In this role, you will be “Cisco’s face to the customer,” working in a fast-paced, high-impact environment as a visible contributor delivering on our commitments. We are looking to recruit a candidate keen to develop further their career in networking, who is not afraid of change, and eager to grasp complex challenges. This is an opportunity for someone who possesses patience, empathy for customers, and the wish to hone skills whilst providing customer value.
Looking for new talent with the following qualities and skills.
- Develop and maintain strong relationship with customer and other Cisco teams
- Build relationship with customer to understand in a better way their networks to provide quicker and more effective results to their requests
- Establish Technical Relationship to support customer network operations
- Possess detailed knowledge of customer network, critical sites, operating procedures as agreed upon with customer
- Customer-specific designated support at network level to resolve and debug complex networking problems
- Escalation support for critical network outages and complex network issues
- Proactively monitor and review the progress of all customer cases and engage as necessary
- Root Cause Analysis (RCA) on escalated or reoccurring issues (problems) as necessary
- Attend case review calls to drive resolution on reactive break/fix issues
- Technical input/contribution to QBR and other customer direct engagements
- On-call requirement for high severity escalations
- On-site requirement as needed
Attributes of a Successful Candidate:
- A creative, positive and proactive can-do attitude and a willingness to learn new technologies, processes and procedures
- No personal technology religion, but a desire to become the expert of the customer’s technologies
- Can work in a high-pressured, cross functional, cross country, territory and theatre environment
- Can be a team player and to work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate high-level of maturity and confidentiality
- Attention to detail and stellar interpersonal skills
- Possess strong presentation and communications skills
- Have strong time management skills
- BA/BS qualified (favourable - IT, Comp Science, Electrical Engineering)
- Cisco certifications are preferred (CCIE, etc.)
- Experience on Cisco Technology/Product/Solutions(EN, DC, Security, etc.)
- Security (NGFW) experience would be plus
- You’ve been working min. 8 years since graduating with your latest degree
Find out more here:
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.