Technical Consulting Engineer - Security (AAA)
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Technology InterestNetworking, Security
What You’ll Do:
- Be a trusted technical authority to global Cisco customers and partners.
- Work with customers via collaboration tools to solve highly complex technical issues.
- Engage in cross technology collaborations to help solve issues in heterogeneous network environments.
- Contribute to knowledge base and troubleshooting guides. Train junior engineers and work as a team.
- Be the first to lay hands on the latest and greatest technologies in the field of networking security.
- Collaborate with engineering team to improve product quality by identifying and submitting software defects.
- Recreate customers technical problems in internal state-of-the-art Cisco lab.
Who You Are:
- 3+ years of related experience involving high level customer support in Security technologies.
- Technical knowledge with proven experience in networking and network security equivalent to CCNP level knowledge (Cert not required).
- Knowledge and experience in Cisco AAA and ISE network security technology, Cloud Security would be nice to have.
- Evidence of troubleshooting skills on high level.
- Foundation of Linux / UNIX command line tools / environment.
- Fluent in English, written and spoken.
We'll be very impressed if you can also show one of these:
- Advanced Linux skills, Windows troubleshooting.
- Scripting Languages.
- Relevant industry certification.
- Experience configuring, troubleshooting Cisco Security Products.
- Presentation and training skills.
- Grow your technical and soft skills.
- Ability to present in seminar and conferences such as Cisco live and partner meetings.
- Support in pursuing Cisco Certification.
- Contribute to Cisco intellectual capital. (Automation projects, Hackathons, etc.)
- Mentoring and coaching.
- Becoming Subject Matter Expert.
- Giving back to local and global community.(charity events).
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!