Technical Consulting Engineer - SP Network Automation (orchestration)
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
What You'll Do
As Technical Consulting Engineer part of our CX Support Services, you will work on complex and in depth networking problems requiring strong analytical, problem solving, engineering, and communication skills. You will be responsible for driving successful resolution of technical issues reported by customers and thinking on innovative ways to avoid issues in the future. The problem resolution path involves in-depth research on technical topics, reproduction of customer's environments and issues using Cisco lab equipment comprising all Cisco products, technical exchange and discussions with product development and engineering teams, interaction with Cisco Technical Leaders and, very importantly, strong communications skills in order to interface effectively with Customers and internal partners.
Roles and Responsibilities
- You will represent Cisco every day in every case, always thinking in the best interest of our Customers.
- You will also detect potential design issue in the customer environment in order to provide standard methodologies and suggestions for customers to implement their solutions in the most efficient way through any or a combination of the following (but not limited to) these tasks
- Analyse, configure and fix software and/or underlying OS issues.
- Effectively craft and utilize complex lab setups to duplicate and solve problems, validate planned changes to software design.
- Provide remote troubleshooting support to resolve customer issues
- Develop and maintain strong relationship with customer and other Cisco teams.
- Establish Technical Relationship to support customer network operations.
- Customer-specific support at product and software level to resolve and debug complex problems
- Deliver support for critical network outages and complex software issues.
- Priority support for identified key customer functionalities and issues
- Effectively work with multi-functional teams to resolve critical customer issues.
- Work towards continuous learning, results orientation and partnership.
Who You'll Work With
CX is a team of elite technical experts whose #1 focus is to help customers plan, design, deploy and operate their networks effectively while delivering the best possible customer experience. Our success is validated through exceptional financial results, growing customer happiness metrics, industry recognition, and employee happiness scores.
The team is group of highly skilled, dynamic, diverse, and hardworking engineers who go above and beyond in assisting not just the customer but also their teammates and peers. “Work hard, play harder” is the motto of the team. There is a good mix of engineers with varying years of experience (from 3 years all the way to 18 years) in Cisco technologies and solutions, and each-and-every-one of them bring great value to the table.
Who You Are
- 5 to 7 years of related experience in SP industry
- Strong Linux/Unix knowledge
- Experience with network automation (orchestration) software and associated protocols such as Netconf, JSON/RPC, REST/RPC, Yang Modelling, NCS/NSO. etc
- Good understanding of SP network services such TCP/IP,L2VPN and L3VPN.
- Exposure to Object Oriented Programming and Software Design/Development concepts.
- Exposure to SQL Database, MongoDB and Maven will be added skills.
- Experience working with DevOps and Defect Tracking Tools like GIT, Jenkins, Sonar Cube, JIRA, Rally, Artifactory, Selenium.
- Experience in Cisco SP Routers, Segment Routing and Integration with Orchestration Software such as BPA and NSO is a plus
- Superb communication & social skills.
- CCNA/CCNP SP certifications and VCP