Technical Consulting Engineer - SAAS
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestBusiness Development
Technology InterestAI or Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Analytics
What You'll do
In this role, you will manage and maintain a huge number of servers using Automation and Network Management Software tools to manage and report.
Who You'll Work With
Managed Services is Cisco-led managed IT operations for network, collaboration, data center, and security operations. This service provides proactive management, monitoring and optimization of the infrastructure and processes to reduce costly inefficiencies maximize system availability and improve security and compliance. You will work with delivery teams within Customer Experience and partners to provide services.
Who You Are
As a lead member of this Customer Experience team:
- You are an authority on Linux.
- You have worked as a Linux Administrator or possess hands on experience with Linux (CentOS, REDHAT).
- You enjoy diagnosing and solving problems related to the operating system, hardware, network, and related software.
- You can actively run and maintain performance including software upgrades, patch installs, system tests, and other scheduled operations.
- Working with team in evolving application infrastructure architecture and make recommendations for improvements.
- Reviewing system logs files for errors, settings up CRON jobs for back-ups and monitoring process.
- Leading all sys-admin functions of the servers, perform patch and software distributions, run security configuration of the systems, provide reports for management use, and demonstrate system health and compliance based on pre-defined standards.
- Complete routine maintenance, OS hardening, OS patching, auditing, and security compliance.
- You have experience with Virtual Computing Environments
- Hands-on experience with Ansible or Splunk
- You understand or have working knowledge of Windows, WSUS, ePolicy Orchestrator Agent
- You know ITSM/ITIL basics
- You exhibit excellent interpersonal skills
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco