Technical Consulting Engineer - Routing Skills
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
What You'll Do:
The TAC Routing Protocols team seeks an Engineer in Routing Protocols technology to join some of the industry's brightest minds in developing and deploying today's most advanced Internet technologies.
In this role, you will gain insight on the detailed functionality of Cisco products and partner with all distributed elements of the service chain. RP (Routing Protocols) Customer Support Engineer position has the following responsibilities:
- Provide phone/email/fax consultation to independently debug complex product problems.
- Provide systems/product training.
- Focal point for large account network problem resolution.
- Acts as a technical authority.
- Provides support on a worldwide basis
- Provide technical support to partners and/or customers for Cisco technologies, products, and/or solutions.
- Typically be responsible for resolving moderately and complex technical problems, depending on the customers' need.
- You will simulate technical problems in lab environment.
- You will share his/her knowledge with other people in writing technical documents and enlarge the knowledge database.
- You will provide internal and/or external technical presentations (cross-training).
- You will raise some specific problems to the responsible Business Units for product enhancement.
- You will work closely with colleagues to achieve common goals.
- The engineer will strive to technical perfection and expertise.
- You will demonstrate an aptitude and appetite for learning new technologies, evidenced by the ability to expand upon core knowledge.
Who You'll Work with:
CX is a team of extraordinary technical guides whose #1 focus is to deliver exclusive customer experience. We help solve the toughest business challenges with network-centric solutions that accelerate customer and partner success and dedication. Our success is measured through extraordinary financial results, growing customer happiness metrics, industry recognition, and employee happiness scores.
Technical Services help customers deploy and operate their networks effectively while delivering the best possible customer experiences. The team is group of highly skilled, dynamic, diverse, and passionate engineers who go above and beyond in assisting not just the customer but also their teammates and peers. “Work hard, play harder” is the motto of the team.
Who You Are:
- Working knowledge of Networking industry, products and protocols.
- Minimum 2-5 years’ experience designing, deploying, configuring, supporting, trouble shooting, debugging and administering different routing protocols.
- Should have some level of system knowledge and knows how to solve problems routing issues, IGP (RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, ISIS) and Multicast(L2/L3 MPLS VPN) issues.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to handle critical customer issues/problems.
- Able to resolve problems and deliver known solutions with a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Ability to resolve root cause and resolution for previously unknown problems.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures to resolve appropriate action.
- Interacts across TAC teams and development teams at peer level.
- Ability to work effectively with and provide guidance to other members of the work group.
- Promotes and solicits ideas within project team(s).
- Receives minimal supervision.
- Receives no instruction on routine work and general instruction on new assignments.
- Ability to analyze, use and configure small to medium networks.
- Typically works with lower level CSE's, VARs, OEMs end-users internal engineering departments.
- Performs well in disruptive environments where priorities can change in response to customer demand(essential)
- Capacity and passion to the customers. Good customer engagement (essential)
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
At Cisco, each person brings their different talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.