Technical Consulting Engineer - GCE-IOS
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
What You’ll do
- You will provide second and third level support.
- Platform issues that include: firmware/software upgrades, high CPU and high memory utilization troubleshooting, interface error troubleshooting, router crashes and hang troubleshooting.
- You will retain the complete ownership of the ticket till the final resolution and you will collaborate with other technology teams whenever needed.
- You are expected to be a phenomenal teammate and a creative thinker.
Who You'll Work With
Cisco’s aim is to transform lives by connecting with the innovative products. We invite you to join in our journey to learn, experience and contribute.
You will be part of customer experience. Specifically, you will be working with the team that troubleshoots platform related tickets logged by the customer and Cisco Partners.
Who you are
- Fundamentals of networking: OSI and TCP layers, Encapsulation and Decapsulation process on routers and switches, general Routing principles, overview and working of Address resolution protocol (ARP), Ethernet technology and other topics specified in the CCNA/CCNP exam syllabus.
- Cisco Device operation: Experience in basic configuration of router and switches, overview of Cisco IOS bootup process, password recovery.
- Fundamental concepts of operating systems with specific focus on Linux.
- Logical and layered troubleshooting approach
- Ability to read, understand and interpret the external and internal documents to clarify customer queries.
- Communication skills: Good spoken English; composing professional emails; understanding the importance of cultural differences and barriers as you will work with people across the globe.
- Customer handling: Ability to listen and convince the customers, ability to handle the frustrated customer with persistence.
1. Basic understanding of C programming and Python.
2.Basics of Debugging with GDB (GNU Debugger)
3.Basic understanding of routing protocols.
CCNA/CCNP and above are preferred but not mandatory.
At Cisco, each person brings their different talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.