Technical Consulting Engineer - Optical
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
What You'll Do
As Technical Consulting Engineer part of our CX Support Services, you will work on complex and in depth networking problems requiring strong analytical, problem solving, engineering, and communication skills. You will be responsible for driving successful resolution of technical issues reported by customers and thinking on innovative ways to avoid issues in the future. The problem resolution path involves in-depth research on technical topics, reproduction of customer's environments and issues using Cisco lab equipment comprising all Cisco products, technical exchange and discussions with product development and engineering teams, interaction with Cisco Technical Leaders and, very importantly, strong communications skills in order to interface effectively with Customers and internal partners.
Roles and Responsibilities
- HTE function helps customers maximize network availability and functionality to achieve their business goals.
- The HTE delivers the technologies; solutions and services customers need to authoritatively handle their networks.
- In this role, you will represent as "Cisco’s face to the customer," working in a fast-paced, high-impact environment as visible contributor delivering on our commitments.
- You need to be a creative problem solver, comfortable with challenging the status quo and rapidly responding to escalated issues.
- Builds strong team relationships with other Customer Support Engineers. Enjoys sharing knowledge.
- Effectively troubleshoots problems both alone and as part of a team, depending on the nature of the incident.
- Connects directly with Cisco customers and builds effective working relationships while solving their issues.
- Manages customer expectations and always aims to leave the customers feeling valued and overall positive about Cisco.
Who You'll Work With
CX is a team of elite technical experts whose #1 focus is to help customers plan, design, deploy and operate their networks effectively while delivering the best possible customer experience. Our success is validated through exceptional financial results, growing customer happiness metrics, industry recognition, and employee happiness scores.
The team is group of highly skilled, dynamic, diverse, and hardworking engineers who go above and beyond in assisting not just the customer but also their teammates and peers. “Work hard, play harder” is the motto of the team. There is a good mix of engineers with varying years of experience (from 3 years all the way to 18 years) in Cisco technologies and solutions, and each-and-every-one of them bring great value to the table.
Who You Are
- Hands on experience in installing, configuring and fixing Optical products with specific focus on OTN, SONET, SDH, TDM, DWDM and CWDM, EoSDH protocols and standards.
- Ability to solve sophisticated problems involving multiple Service Providers as well as providing root cause analysis.
- Fixing Metro DWDM, OLA, OADM, Multi-degrees and RAMAN amplified systems.
- In depth understanding of Optical transmission power levels, OSNR and the effects fiber impairments such as PMD and Chromatic dispersion.
- Be able to use results from various test equipment, e.g. OSA, Optical power meters. Deployment standards and implementation/ PM methodologies
- Experience in fixing Metro Core & IP networks for Optical Management
- Understanding of SONET and SDH frame structure including timing and multiplexing. Circuit management and migration, alarm propagation and troubleshooting, Packet over SONET and Ethernet shared packet ring.
- Hands on IOS-XR is desired
- CCIE-SP (Desired)
At Cisco, each person brings their different talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.