Technical Consulting Engineer- Next Generation Firewall
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Technology InterestNetworking, Security
What You’ll Do:
In this role You will:
- Be a trusted technical authority to global Cisco customers and partners.
- Work with customers via collaboration tools to solve highly complex technical issues.
- Engage in cross technology collaborations to help solve issues in heterogeneous network environments.
- Contribute to knowledge base and troubleshooting guides. Train junior engineers and work as a team.
- Be the first to lay hands on the latest and greatest technologies in the field of networking security.
- Collaborate with engineering team to improve product quality by identifying and submitting software defects.
- Recreate technical problems in internal state-of-the-art Cisco lab.
Who You Are:
-Grow your technical and soft skills.
-Ability to present in and conferences such as Cisco Live and partner meetings.
-Support in pursuing Cisco certifications.
-Contribute to Cisco intellectual capital (Automation projects, Hackathons, etc.).
-Mentoring and coaching.
-Becoming Subject Matter Expert (SME).
-Giving back to local and global community (charity events).
Who You Are:
We would like You to have:
- Minimum 2 years of related experience involving customer support element in Security technologies. (1/5)
- CCNA level knowledge or equivalent (Cert not required). (5/5)
- Solid knowledge of networking fundamentals: TCP/IP stack, Routing/Switching, SSL/TLS, common Application Layer protocols. (5/5)
- Evidence of troubleshooting skills. (3/5)
- Foundation of Linux / UNIX command line tools / environment. (2/5)
- Fluent in English, written and spoken. (5/5)
We'll be very impressed if you can also show one of these:
- Knowledge and experience in at least one of the network security technologies: Cybersecurity, Firewall, VPN, IPS.
- Capture analysis (Wireshark, , etc.).
- Advanced Linux skills, Windows troubleshooting.
- Knowledge in cloud providers: Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, etc.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and DevOps.
- Scripting languages (Python, Golang, etc.).
- Experience configuring, troubleshooting Cisco security products.
- Relevant industry certification.
- Presentation and training skills.
- Writing technical documentation skills.
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.