Technical Consulting Engineer - LAN SW
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
What You’ll Do
Cisco is seeking a “Technical Consulting Engineer” for the LAN Switching team – the position will have the following responsibilities:
- Solve problems of high complexity and has strong knowledge in LAN Switching technologies.
- Provides consultation to independently seek complex product and network problems.
- Effectively utilizes complex lab setups to duplicate and seek problems.
- Acts as a point of contact for large account network problem resolutions.
- Submits complete and correct defect reports in area of expertise.
- Consults with other Teams in Cisco to assist Customers.
- Engages as technical representative on raised customer issues.
Who You’ll Work With
CX is a team of extraordinary technical guides whose #1 focus is to deliver exclusive customer experience. We help solve the toughest business challenges with network-centric solutions that accelerate customer and partner success and dedication. Our success is validated through extraordinary financial results, growing customer happiness metrics, industry recognition, and employee happiness scores.
The team works on complex issues with some of Cisco's top customers. It's a phenomenal opportunity to master newest technologies and products. Grow your skills in a dynamic, team oriented environment and join some of the industry's brightest minds in supporting today's most advanced Internet technologies.
Who You Are
- Superb communication and customer handling skills.
- Ability to analyze, configure and tackle problems in large networks.
- Should have excellent knowledge of LAN SW Technologies like STP, RSTP, VTP, VSS, MSTP,VLAN, Etherchannel, etc.
- Knowledge of Cisco switching Platforms like Cat 6500, 6800, 4500,
- Shown planning, prioritization and organizing skills.
- Contribute to continuous learning, results orientation and partnership.
- Utilization of a good understanding of Cisco business strategies and drivers to guide activities.
- In depth understanding of troubleshooting methodologies.
- Shown crisis management skills and leadership skills.
At Cisco, each person brings their different talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We Are Cisco.