Technical Consulting Engineer - Jabber Application
Location:Richardson, Texas, US
Area of InterestTechnical Support
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video, Networking
What you'll do
In this role, you will gain insight on the detailed functionality of Cisco products and partner with all distributed elements of the service chain. You have demonstrated an aptitude and appetite for learning new technologies, evidenced by the ability to expand upon core knowledge. You will also:
- Provides second/third level technical support for Enterprise voice technologies to Cisco customers, partners, account teams, and other Technical Assistance Center engineers.
- Apply analytical skills and technical knowledge to solve product and network problems of moderate to high complexity.
- Provides technology/product training and intellectual property material as required.
- Acts as focal point for large account network problem resolution.
- Effectively utilizes moderate to complex lab setups to recreate and solve problems.
- Submits complete and correct bug reports in area of expertise.
- Ability to determine root cause and resolution for previously unknown problems.
- Interacts across TAC/HTTS/ROS teams and development teams at peer level.
- Acts as a technical expert and provides support on a global basis.
Who you'll work with
You'll join a team of dedicated, innovative and hardworking experts in Collaboration technologies that provide support for Cisco clients and partners and strive for excellence in their daily work.
Who you are
You are a hardworking, passionate engineer who enjoys collaborating with others in order to deliver innovative solutions to our clients.
- You have a working knowledge of Networking industry, products and protocols.
- You have knowledge in the following products: Cisco Unified Presence Server, Cisco Unity Connection, Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Cisco Jabber.
- You're experienced in Microsoft Windows Server (2000, 2003, 2008), Desktop Operating System (XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8) management/troubleshooting, Microsoft Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange (2003, 2007, 2010, 2013).
- You are knowledgeable in Linux Operating System basic.
- You have 2+ years of experience and a combination of the following; designing, deploying, configuring, supporting, trouble shooting, debugging and administering the following Unified Communications products, devices, solutions, and technologies for small, medium, large and/or businesses.
- You possess strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- You are able to determine problems and deliver known solutions with a high level of customer satisfaction.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You can analyze, use and configure small to medium networks.
- You can work effectively in an interrupt driven environment and provide guidance to other members of the work group.
- You are familiarized with Office 365 and Microsoft OCS/Lync
- You have exposure to VoIP protocols and Mail protocols
- You have experience in DNS Server, WebDAV, EWS or Wireshark
- You own experience in Cisco Unified Attendant Console
- You possess experience in IBM Lotus Domino/Sametime
- You gained security certificates, SSL, TLS
- You have basic SQL and basic xml/html.
- You own basic VMWare operation and troubleshooting
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.