Technical Consulting Engineer - IMImobile
Location:Kanata, Ontario, Canada
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestNetworking, Software Development, Testing, Webex (Collaboration), Wireless, Mobility
What We Do
We are uniquely qualified leaders, who come to work every day energetically focused on designing and delivering sophisticated software components for our cloud-based, multi-channel platform. We share our passion for successfully solving our clients’ most demanding problems, but also, we have the EQ to be able to develop and support the cross-functional partnership and coordination necessary to create and institutionalize responsive enterprise learning disciplines, policies, and standard operating procedures.
What You'll Do
· You will be responsible for gathering of information in the event of an incident and assessing impact to the services.
· You will provide 2nd level support to NOC team and clients
· You will maintain an effective documentation library of all platforms and services supported by the NMX team
· You will test applications and services to identify issues/bugs prior to implementation
· You will implement and refine the non-production environment.
· You will review and enhance the documentation passed to QA from the Development Teams to effectively train the Operators.
· You will prepare and deliver both group and individual training sessions to members of Operations Team and Commercial Team
· You will deliver applications and services to the live production environments within agreed timescales
· You will ensure the platforms has sufficient monitoring and alerting systems in place to effectively identify errors and faults
Who You Are
· You have experience with MySQL/SQL
· You possess Linux knowledge
· You have experience with AWS basics
· You have experience with Webserver (Tomcat/Wildfly)
· You have experience with Shell/PHP scripting
· You have experience with Java
· ELK (Elastic search, Logstash, Kibana)
· Grafana, FluentD, Prometheus, PowerBI
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.