Technical Consulting Engineer- AAA/ISE (1390203)
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Compensation Range87500 USD - 122200 USD
What You'll Do
Customer Experience Technical Services organization seeks a Technical Consulting Engineer (TCE) in Wireless LAN technology space to join some of the industry's brightest minds in developing and deploying today's most sophisticated Internet technologies. In this role, the TCE provides both post-sales and pre-deployment support and project/customer management for Cisco portfolio of Wireless LAN Switching Technology. The ideal candidate demonstrates an aptitude and appetite for learning new technologies, evidenced by the ability to expand upon core knowledge. This is a great opportunity for someone with patience and an empathetic view of the customer to hone their skills and advance their career providing value to customers while working with an industry leader in networking technology.
Who You'll Work With
The position provides a highly motivated individual an opportunity to work with some of the largest enterprise wireless customers in the world and allows for an in-depth understanding of several key growth segments of the Wireless LAN solutions.
Who You Are
Role & Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will have a track record and desire to excel in technical problem resolution and customer management. Multi-tasking and the ability to successfully manage multiple issues at once are necessary for the TCE. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Provide customer technical support.
- Participate in daytime and night/weekend on-call rotation.
- Troubleshoot Wireless LAN networks to quickly resolve and minimize downtime and outages.
- Recommend technical solutions to improve customer operations.
- Maintain CRM database for active issues. TCE is the owner of the customer issues throughout the resolution process.
- Create Methods of Procedure (MOP) and action plans for post-sales projects.
- Utilize the Cisco technical service lab to recreate and resolve customer issues.
- Develop expertise in specific areas (i.e. technology, product).
- Manage the issues/customers by setting expectations and meeting/exceeding those expectations to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Effectively communicate/escalate issues to engineering within Cisco, and deliver resolutions/work-around to the customer.
- Work with Sales and Professional Services to develop state-of-art customized Wireless LAN solutions for customers worldwide.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, Master’s Degree a plus.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, as this role requires significant interaction with partners, customers, and internal stakeholders within Cisco.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years’ experience designing, deploying, configuring, supporting, trouble shooting, debugging, and administering Wireless Networks products, devices, and technologies.
- Must demonstrates an aptitude and appetite for learning new technologies, evidenced by the ability to expand upon core knowledge.
- Must have in-depth technical knowledge in the following areas:
- Cisco AireOS Wireless LAN Controllers, IOS-XE Wireless LAN Controllers, IOS-XE Catalyst Wireless LAN Controllers, and Virtual Wireless LAN Controllers
- Cisco Wireless Access Points: IOS Access Points
- Cisco Prime Infrastructure, Wireless Mobility Services: MSE, CMX, DNA Spaces, DNA Center (DNAC), BLE technology, ISE integration, and IoT technology
- Virtualization technologies (VMware, Openstack, KVM, etc.)
- Programming skills in Python and Bash scripting
- System Admin level expertise in Linux and Open Source technologies
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire salaries in U.S. locations. For non-sales roles, the hiring ranges reflect base salary and do not include bonuses, equity, or benefits. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive target, and do not include equity or benefits. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.