Technical Consulting Engineer- ID 1373429
Location:Richardson, Texas, US
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
What You'll Do?
Do you have a reputation for being highly technical? Are your peers in awe of your logical troubleshooting skills? Could you be described as having a highly developed passion for driving improvement? If so, then Cisco’s Server Virtualization support team seeks you!
As an engineer in the Technical Assistance Center (TAC), you'd work on problems at a deep technical level not normally experienced in a typical enterprise environment. Products supported will include the Unified Computing Systems (UCS) server line, management software, virtualized switched, hypervisors, server operating systems, and an innovative cloud solution. You'd be a key player recommending product changes, documenting solutions, and automating log analysis. This position affords a lot of personal growth opportunity.
Who You'll Work With?
Our team is the primary face of Cisco support to customers and partners. You’ll get to work with a wide variety of individuals and partners that seek your technical support. The global set of engineers within the Server Virtualization TAC are a trusted resource of technical knowledge. No one can know it all, so you’ll aid one another according to areas of expertise. Given the wide array of products Cisco has, cross-technology collaboration is also encouraged. We interact with many other groups internally such as account teams, developers, supply chain, professional services organizations such as Advanced Services, and many more. We’re well-connected, which means there is the ability to learn and influence continually.
Who You Are?
You'll be a vital part of our Raleigh, North Carolina campus and your abilities include Practical knowledge of networking industry products and protocols. You have crisis management skills and can handle critical customer issues/problems. Using a vast number of resources provided to identify and resolve issues before engaging subject matter experts/technical leads is how you roll.
- You can create Methods Of Procedure (MOP) and action plans for post-sales projects.
- You have also used a technical service lab to recreate and resolve customer issues.
- Enjoy contributing ideas of how we can improve as a team, automate processes/tasks, and are willing to test ideas and mentor colleagues and/or customers via presentations or documentation (technical tips, etc...).
- You understand the importance of identifying and submitting software defects to improve product quality.
- Beta Support - drive successful new product introduction in partner labs and customer live network.
- Perform ad hoc analyses and tasks as assigned
- You've achieved 8+ years’ experience or graduate school equivalent in the telecom industry.
- Your knowledge of Linux/Solaris/Unix on x86 server platforms is second to none.
- Have a proven foundation in IP-related protocols including TCP/IP, UDP, VLANs, and general Routing and Switching protocols.
- You are a specialist in the Linux environment
- Experience with scripting and automation tools/languages
- Clearly understand Virtual Network Functionality
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with high availability service provider or data center environments and provided Remote Customer Support
- Your work experience includes System Design, Configuration Management, Development and Deployment of virtual services in multiple environments
- Are comfortable working in Virtual environments such as VMWare, KVM or Hyper-V ( Can include Redhat or Suse)
- An associate degree or military service will also be considered.
- Cisco, Microsoft, and VMware Certifications. (Redhat or Suse certifications). Also, HP, IBM, or Dell server support.
- Specific knowledge of products within Cisco’s Collaboration, Data Center, Security, Voice, Wireless, Routing, or Switching portfolios.
- Programming skills (Python, Ruby, C, C++, Linux, Shell Scripting, etc.)
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.