Technical Consulting Engineer - Firewall
Location:Mexico City, Mexico
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Technology InterestNetworking, Security
Why you'll love Cisco
We change the World, we are passionate about our employer and the brand we represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more significant than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What You'll Do
- You will be part of Cisco's Technical Services team of technical authorities whose #1 focus is to help customers deploy and operate their networks optimally while delivering the best possible customer experience. Our success is validated through excellent financial results, growing customer happiness metrics, industry recognition, and employee happiness scores.
- You will be part of Cisco's Firepower Security technology team consists of the industry's brightest minds; developing and deploying today's most sophisticated Internet technologies. You'll gain insight on the detailed functionality of Cisco products and partners with all distributed elements of the service chain.
Who You'll Work With
The Global Technical Center, Americas provides both premium and highly technical support to customers in the Americas Region. Through collaborative tools, Intellectual Capital and best-in-class technical expertise, we deliver hardware and software solutions to our most critical customers. As hybrid cloud enables more choice in consumption models and addresses real business outcomes on top of infrastructure availability needs, the technical guides in GTC Americas are also evolving - to customer-centric, software-knowledgeable innovators, demonstrating scripting, software and traditional network engineering troubleshooting methodologies.
Who You Are
- You will provide 2nd/3rd level technical support for Firepower Security technologies to Cisco customers, partners, account teams, and other Technical Assistance Center engineers
- You can apply your analytical skills and technical knowledge to tackle product and network problems of moderate to high complexity.
- You will also provide technology/product training and intellectual property material as required
- You'll act as focal point for large account network problem resolution.
- You can optimally apply moderate to sophisticated lab setups to recreate and tackle problems.
Cisco Services strives to bring value for Cisco customers by providing outcomes that solve key business problems. We do this through a focus on driving growth in our current portfolio while investing in new business models that create lasting differentiation for Customers, Partners, Employees and Shareholders.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support for Cisco security products to Cisco customers, partners, account teams, and other internal technical support teams.
- Handle a wide variety of technical support problems—from simple application or network configuration fixes to very sophisticated troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Apply moderate to sophisticated lab setups to recreate and tackle problems.
- Submit complete and correct defect reports with collaboration and supervision.
- Work with minimal direction and exercise judgment within defined procedures to resolve appropriate action.
- Collaborate with other TAC engineers across technology boundaries to help drive quicker resolution where multiple technologies may be involved.
You have fundamental working knowledge of the networking industry, products and protocols. Some level of experience is preferred in at least two of the following network security products, protocols, and solutions:
- Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) firewalls & vASA
- FTD, Firepower, FMC
- Cisco IOS Firewall (Zone-Based Firewall), Clustering
- Cisco Security Manager (CSM)
- Microsoft Active Directory (AD), Linux, Unix
- Wireshark and other tools for TCP/IP packet bring together analysis
- Server and appliance virtualization using VMWare, MS Hyper-V, and KVM
- Python, Perl, Bash scripting skills would be an added advantage
- BS in a technical field (such as CS, EE, IT) or equivalent 5+ years related experience.
- Experience designing, deploying, configuring, supporting, troubleshooting, and debugging networks.
- CCNP, CCNP Security, or CCIE Certification desired/preferred
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Inquisitive Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while aspiring for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Social media trends enthusiast? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.