Technical Consulting Engineer - Email Security
Area of InterestSecurity
Technology InterestNetworking, Security
Cisco’s Customer Experience (CX) is the focal point for resolution of customer technical issues. We are a worldwide organization of 1000+ highly skilled engineers that craft and make a positive impact on the customer experience.
The email security team within cloud security provides technical support on a worldwide basis via phone, email, web and remote access for email encryption and email infrastructure security to Cisco customers, partners, account teams, and other TAC engineers helping to independently troubleshoot & debug product problems. TAC is the first to face with challenges and issues with new equipment and tools in the field. As such all roles have a technology learning curve that never ends.
What You’ll Do?
• Provide technical support for Email Security products to Cisco customers, partners, account teams and other internal technical support teams.
• Work challenging network problems that require strong technical, analytical, troubleshooting and communication skills.
• Utilize lab to recreate and solve problems in moderate to complex network environments
• Share knowledge with other people in writing technical documents and enlarge the knowledge database.
• Provide internal and/or external technical presentations (cross-training).
• Attend ongoing technical training and work on assigned projects that will improve and further develop the success of the technology.
• Collaborate across the board, with colleagues in location, and entire global support team
Who You Are?
• Bachelor's (or Master of Science) or foreign degree equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field.
• Understanding of fundamental network infrastructure concepts.
• Experience with Linux
• 3+ years of practical experience in configuring, supporting and troubleshooting networks.
• Successful candidates should have strong written, verbal English skills
• Active listening skills, and ability to think outside the box, and innovate.
• A current Cisco Certification is required.
• Ability to drive and achieve goals with limited supervision
• Prior experience in designing, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting email security products, firewalls or similar systems
• Deep understanding of email protocols (IMAP, POP3, SMTP, ESMTP) and security protocols - SSL, IPSEC, ACL, and security policies.
• Advanced knowledge of Linux troubleshooting tools required
• Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to establish and maintain confidence and take ownership of issues.
• Excellent teamwork skills
• Experience deploying physical product or appliance a plus
• Prior experience in a technical support capacity
• Experience with shell scripting (such as Python & Java) and/or experience with FreeBSD is an advantage but not required.
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.