Technical Consulting Engineer (Early in Career / Graduate) - Poland
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Job TypeEarly in Career
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Internet of Everything, Networking, Security, Service Provider, Webex (Collaboration), Wireless, Mobility
Start date: September 2023
Location: Krakow, Poland (We follow a hybrid work approach with some office presence required.)
Imagine having an opportunity to develop not just in one specific area, but being granted access to an entire portfolio of roles, skills and expertise relevant to you as a new engineer. And imagine learning. Not just anywhere, but learning at the world’s leading technology company with over 30 years of experience in the industry. Imagine a world where you can design, implement, troubleshoot, operate, automate and become a multi-skilled certified engineer, all in one place. That is the opportunity that Cisco has for you.
This is not just an ordinary new-hire program. As you start your career at Cisco you will develop a set of professional and technology skills which will provide you with priceless experience for the future. You will solve the world’s most intriguing technology challenges, test and implement the latest architectures, monitor and optimize entire infrastructures, and work closely together as your day-to-day job.
You will also work alongside some of the industry's brightest minds and receive the support and backing from the #1 Greatest Place to Work in the World. This is a chance to build your career and leverage training, mentoring and exposure which can lead you to multiple roles and departments:
- In Support Services (TAC) you have a chance to work with and become one of the top engineers in the world in your desired field of technology. Your team is a strategic partner to our customers, saving business from the impact of network incidents, solving and preventing the recurrence of deep technical issues. With access to Cisco Technical Assistance Labs with over $650M in Cisco assets, using this equipment to stay up to date on cutting-edge innovations and understand what makes them tick.
- Through Managed Services you take care of world’s largest infrastructures in the public or private sector. Reducing end-to-end vulnerabilities with predictive threat monitoring, optimizing the performance and availability of data centers, maintaining network uptime, or drawing upon our industry-leading orchestration and automation. You make technology work at scale, supported by industry best practices, deep analytics and proven service management frameworks.
Being part of our Customer Experience workforce can give you all of this and more. Take the opportunity to join our team and become a Cisconian. Apply below!
- You are a recent graduate or on your final year of studies towards a degree or related program or other academic certification; equivalent experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- You are willing to communicate in English (verbal and written).
- You are passionate about networking, software, information technology or computer science.
- You have a passion for technology such as: Routing, Switching, Datacenter, Security, Virtualization, Collaboration, Wireless, Software or Network programmability & automation, or you demonstrate a strong willingness to learn.
- Knowledge of adjacent technologies, holding Cisco Certifications (e.g., CCNA, CCNP, DEVASC) or industry recognized certifications is a plus.
- Language proficiency in Portuguese, German, French, Italian, Spanish or Russian is beneficial
- You are eligible to work in Poland without any visa/work permit sponsorship
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.