Technical Consulting Engineer - Denver
Location:Denver, Colorado, US
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
What You’ll do
- Supporting IOS-XR, a growing technology encompassing products widely deployed by Service Providers. (ASR9000, NCS6000, NCS5500, CRS)
- Provide phone/email/and face to face consultation to independently debug complex product problems to Cisco customers, partners, account teams.
- Independently troubleshoot & debug product problems
- Provide systems/product training.
- Focal point for large account network problem resolution.
- Acts as a technical guide.
- Provides support on a worldwide basis.
Who You'll Work With
CX is a team of outstanding technical guides whose #1 focus is to deliver outstanding customer experience. We help seek the toughest business challenges with network-centric solutions that accelerate customer and partner success and dedication. Our success is validated through outstanding financial results, growing customer happiness metrics, industry recognition, and employee happiness scores.
Who You Are
- Should have 4+ years’ experience working in at least TWO of the following Service Provider focused technologies: Routing Protocols, IPv4 and IPv6, MPLS, Quality of Service, L2VPN
- Technical Consulting Engineer is part of a highly skilled team in a ground breaking technology supporting IOS-XR Operating system and routers (ASR9000, CRS, NCS6000).
- Provide second/third level technical support via phone, email, web and remote access for XR products such as ASR9000, NCS6000/NCS5500 & CRS.
- Have a working knowledge of Networking industry, products and protocols.
- Have crisis management skills and ability to balance critical customer issues/problems are second to none.
- Solve networking problems of moderate to wide scope and moderate to high complexity where analysis of situations or data requires a review of identifiable factors.
- Excellent understanding of TCP/IP, Routing, and Switching fundamentals will be preferred.
- Provides solution to solve complex product and network problems.
- Effectively utilizes complex lab setups to duplicate and solve problems.
- Provides product training and intellectual property material.
- Submits complete and accurate defect reports in area of expertise.
- Certified technical guide in at least one area (R&S, Service Provider).
- Consults with other Teams in Cisco to assist Customers.
- Engages as technical representative on advanced customer issues.
- At Cisco, each person brings their unusual talents to work as a team and make a difference.
- Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.