Technical Consulting Engineer - Datacenter
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Internet of Everything
What You ll do
- Provide 3rd level consultation to debug complex & unusual network topologies with mixed media protocols (Data Center Switching) to Cisco customers.
- Work on complex problems where analysis of situations requires in-depth evaluation of factors.
- Provide systems/product training to customers, and giving towards building a knowledge base for customer support and internal partners.
- Focal point for high impact, large enterprise account problem resolution related to their Data Centers.
- Collaborate with VARs, OEMs, end-users, and internal engineering departments to drive quality into the product.
- Interacts across teams and development teams at peer level.
Who You'll Work With
CX is a team of exceptional technical guides whose #1 focus is to deliver best in class customer experience. We help tackle the toughest business challenges with network-centric solutions that accelerate customer and partner success and dedication. Our success is validated through outstanding financial results, growing customer happiness metrics, industry recognition, and employee happiness scores.
The Data Centre Switching team works on complex, meaningful issues with some of Cisco's top customers. It's a superb opportunity to master the latest technology and products, while working with a technically diverse and encouraging team. Grow your skills in a dynamic, team oriented environment and join some of the industry's brightest minds in deploying and supporting today's most advanced Internet technologies.
Who You Are
- Typically requires Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent plus 6-8 years related Data Centre related experience.
- CCIE – DC.
- In-depth knowledge of the following areas: Data Centre Networking and Data Centre Products.
- You should have good experience in Networking industry experience and knowledge of products and protocols.
- Proficiency in the following technologies: TCP/IP, Routing Protocols (OSPF, RIP, EIGRP, BGP), QoS, Multicast, MPLS.
- You're able to problem solve, determine root cause, and deliver known solutions with a high level of customer happiness.
- Troubleshooting experience using wireshark, or other protocol analyzer.
- CCIE Certification – DC.
- Experience in the following products / solutions: Cisco Nexus 2000, 3000, 5000, 7000 , ACI , VXLAN.
- Excellent Soft-skills and Customer Handling skills in high stressed / demanding environment.
- Ability to Assertively communicate and demonstrate Technical Leadership on Troubleshooting scenarios , especially over WebEx / telephonic customer conversations.
At Cisco, each person brings their unusual talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.