Technical Consulting Engineer: DataCenter/Nexus
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
The Business Entity
Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC) organization seeking a Customer Support Engineer –
Data Center Switching to join some of the industry's brightest minds in developing, deploying
and supporting today's most advanced Internet technologies.
In this role, you will collaborate with fellow Cisco TAC engineers to assist our partners,
customers, and account teams to independently troubleshoot & debug product problems. Our
engineers require analytical skills and technical knowledge to tackle product and network
problems of moderate to high complexity. You will effectively utilize moderate to complex lab
setups to recreate and solve problems. Lastly, you will act as a technical superstar and provide
support on a worldwide basis at a peer level.
We're seeking team members that are trained in Data Center Switching products and
technologies. You will provide support for Nexus 9K, Nexus 7K, 3K, 5K/2K suite of switches
(both hardware and software).
Role & Responsibilities
• A technical expert providing technical assistance to Cisco customers located world-wide,
while maintaining the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
• Assist customers in troubleshooting hardware/software related issues on various Cisco
Nexus switching platforms.
• Applies analytical skills and technical knowledge to resolve product and network
problems of moderate to high complexity.
• Analyze, configure and troubleshoot Core, Distribution, Access layer switches and
• Effectively utilizes the moderate to complex lab setups to recreate and resolve customer
• Highly responsive and sensitive to customer reported issues according to its severity.
Should be able to quickly resolve customer issues.
• End to end ownership of customer service requests. Collaborates with all relevant
stakeholders – internal and external, and acts as focal point until the problem is
• Exercises judgment within defined procedures to determine appropriate action.
• Presents ideas and interacts within TAC and development teams at peer level
• Ability to interact with customers in a variety of mediums.
• Utilization of a good understanding of Cisco business strategies and drivers to guide
• Ability to drive change through innovation.
• Drive for continuous learning, results orientation and teamwork.
•You've earned a Bachelor's degree in a technical field and 1-3 years of progressive
experience in related role, OR a technical Master s degree with 1 year of experience
•You hold Certifications in one (or more) of the following: CCNA, CCNP, CCIE
•Prior customer support experience.
•BE/BS/MS in Electronics and Telecommunication, Electrical and Electronics, Computer
Science, Information Technology or similar technical degree or related experience
• Strong Networking and in-depth knowledge in Cisco Nexus switching and routing
• Well-versed with networking tools such as traffic generators (e.g lxia), sniffers et al.
• Solid experience supporting and configuring medium to large enterprise LANs
• Troubleshoot product and network problems of high complexity. Has strong in-depth
knowledge in LAN Switching technologies.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Good Customer handling skills. Ability to handle tough situations effectively.
• Strong attention to details.
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's
transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the
early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology
solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and
consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting
the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will
impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and
far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has
earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected
things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential
possibilities at Cisco
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.