Technical Consulting Engineer - Datacenter Skills
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
What You’ll Do
All CMS team members are encouraged to add value in the following areas:
- Understand and meet customer agreements (SLO/SLA/commitments)
- Follow and participate in the improvement of established team processes
- Identify and adhere to cost reduction measures
- Understand ITIL framework (Event, Incident, Change, Service Request & Problem Management)
- You are encouraged to collaborate with peers and multi-functional teams
- Maintain knowledge and skill levels required to perform role effectively
- Participate in regular sync ups with team and team leadership
- Actively share and develop innovation and automations for continued improvement wherever possible
Specific to the role of Complex Service Request Engineer, responsibilities may include:
- Ensure accurate execution of detailed and approved requests in customers’ production environments
- Adhere to and enforce Change Management processes and policies of Cisco and customers
- Support Change Managers with technical input on Change Advisory Board (CAB) meetings, whether internal and external
- Take all appropriate actions to impact the customers’ production environment due to execution of approved changes
- Validate service request execution process prior to production implementation
- Conduct post-change QA testing to validate successful service request completion and to reduce risk of service impacting events resulting from the change.
- Serve as first point of escalation for failed service requests/changes; conduct change backouts to the point of pre-change baseline
- Provide continual communication to partners before, during and after service requests execution has been done
Who You’ll Work With
CX is a team of technical guides whose #1 focus is to deliver excellent customer experience. We help seek the toughest business challenges with network-centric solutions that accelerate customer and partner success and dedication. Our success is measured through exceptional financial results, growing customer happiness metrics, industry recognition, and employee happiness scores.
Cisco Managed Services teams deliver IT managed services (namely Incident, Problem, Service Request and Change Management) for diverse and complex customer networks around the globe. CMS engages with customers via inbound and outbound audio and video calls, email, web platforms, and/or remote access sessions to customer equipment. We are a large group of diverse and highly skilled teams who prioritize collaboration with other team members and other teams to deliver premium quality services to our customers.
Who You Are
You are a vision oriented and organized. You work well with others and are truly a standout colleague. Protecting customer data and customer environments is fundamental to your work ethic. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills. You are able to see the big picture even when analyzing multiple complex factors under pressure. You have a good understanding of the fundamentals of Change Management and its paramount importance to the protection of the customer environment.
Desired Skills :
- Associate (2-year) or bachelor (4-year) level university degree or equivalent in a technical discipline
- 5-10 years’ experience in a network operations/technical support role and/or a technical architecture/implementation role
- Exceptional knowledge in Routing, Switching, Data Center and Service Provider Technologies, including hands-on experience on Cisco products
- Experience supporting wireless network infrastructures, including Cisco and Aruba Networks products
In addition to the above required skills, experience in below skills would be helpful
- CCNP or CCIE R&S/SP/DC
- Python scripting and automation
- Load balancer solutions, including F5 and Radware
- Viptela SD-WAN/Cisco Meraki
- Prior Managed Services experience
- Prioritize technology while managing multiple customer commitments
At Cisco, each person brings their talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything - people, process, data and things - and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more - from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco