Technical Consulting Engineer - Data Center
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Who We Are
Customer Experience (CX) is a team of best-in-class technical specialists whose #1 focus is to help customers deploy and operate their networks efficient while delivering the best possible customer experience. Your success is validated through excellent financial results, growing customer satisfaction metrics, industry recognition, and employee satisfaction scores.
The CX Data Center Routing and Switching Support Team is made up of highly-responsive technology specialists who love what they do: Enabling our Customers by enabling Cisco Technology!
What You'll Do
As Technical Consulting Engineer (TCE) you are part of organization which provides 24 x 7 x 365, worldwide, 3rd level technical support to Cisco customers, partners, account teams, and other Cisco engineers.
In this role you will:
- Work with customers via collaboration tools to solve highly complex technical issues.
- Diagnose, fix and provide support for Nexus 9K, 7K, 3K, 6K and 5K/2K suite of switches (both hardware and software).
- Recreate customer technical problems within Cisco’s internal state-of-the-art labs.
- Engage in cross-technology teamworks to help seek issues in heterogeneous network - environments and improve product quality by identifying and submitting software defects.
- Be a trusted technical authority to worldwide Cisco customers and partners.
- Be the first to lay hands on the latest and greatest groundbreaking technologies within the switching domain.
- Be a great teammate in worldwide team, assisting in training junior engineers.
- Working hours: Monday – Friday 8am - 4pm (with periodic weekend shifts on Saturday or Sunday 8am - 2pm – with additional monetary and day off compensation).
Who You Are
We would like You to have:
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum) in a technical field of study and 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Solid understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware (mainly Nexus suite of switches). Good technical foundation in networking is required.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills. Able to resolve problems and deliver solutions with a high level of customer happiness.
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internal resources and apply that knowledge in real world situations.
- Passion and demonstrated ability to learn and work in a diverse team environment.
- Ability to work independently, but comfortable working in a team environment.
We'll be very impressed if you can also show one of these:
- Knowledge and experience in at least one of the following Data Center Routing and Switching products: Nexus 9K, Nexus 7K, 3K, 6K and 5K/2K suite of switches.
- Hold a current valid certification (CCNA/CCNP/CCIE and/or Devnet certifications).
- At least basic knowledge of any programming language (preferably Python).
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
You will become industry leading top networking specialist with exceptional world-class problem solving and network troubleshooting skills. In TAC each new case brings a new challenge and a new customer with a new network infrastructure to troubleshoot.
You will get targeted training helping you to ramp up your knowledge based on a multiple phased learning plan.
The training process spans across many months and includes experience not available outside the TAC organization. You will also get a personal mentor to guide you and to support you during the initial months to ensure your success.
You will have free/unlimited access to any of Cisco’s products from across the entire Cisco portfolio and access to worldwide network of 24/7 dedicated internal Cisco Labs. If you enjoy configuration and setting up network devices, this is the job for you!
You will work primarily within the Data Center R&S domain, however, you will also be continuously encouraged to expand your competencies, skills and knowledge via participation in ongoing trainings and rotations between different teams.
As a member of TAC you will be encouraged and supported to achieve your CCIE/Devnet certifications by offering study materials/labs and dedicated paid study time off to take the CCIE/Devnet certifications and improve software programming skills.
You will be able to acquire communication and customer management skills by being exposed to customers from all over the world, running wide variety of network set-up’s.