Technical Consulting Engineer – DNA
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
What You’ll Do?
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve incidents related to Cisco DNA/SDA solution.
- Work with Cisco customers remotely and help tackle their highly sophisticated technical issues.
- Recreate customer technical problems within Cisco’s internal labs.
- Be a trusted technical authority to worldwide Cisco customers and partners.
- Be the first to lay hands on the latest and greatest cutting-edge technologies in Cisco Enterprise area.
- improve product quality by identifying and submitting software defects.
Who You Are?
As a Technical Support Engineer you have:
- Solid understanding of modern Enterprise networks,
- Ability to isolate the issue to specific network/software component and come up with feasible workaround / fix.
- Experience with routing protocols (OSPF, ISIS, BGP)
- Basic Knowledge of Linux operating system,
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internal resources and apply that knowledge in real world situations.
- Skills to work independently as well as in very diverse team environment.
We'll be very impressed if you can also show one of these:
- Knowledge and experience with modern switching products (Catalyst 9000 series),
- Understanding of modern network constructs (VXLAN) and protocols (MP-BGP, LISP),
- Hold a current valid industry recognizable accreditation (CCNA, CCNP, CCIE),
- Basic knowledge of any programming language (preferably Python) and Rest APIs,
- Understanding of Docker and Kubernetes.
What’s in it for You?
- You will become industry leading top networking expert with exceptional world-class problem solving and network troubleshooting skills. In TAC each new case brings a new challenge and a new customer with a new network infrastructure to troubleshoot.
- You will get targeted training helping you to ramp up your knowledge based on a multiple phased learning plan.
The training process spans across many months and includes experience not available outside the TAC organization. You will also get a personal mentor to guide you and to support you during the initial months to ensure your success.
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.