Technical Consulting Engineer-DC-Software - 1261160
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestTechnical Support
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
Why You'll Love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What You'll Do
As a Technical Consulting Engineer, you will work on complex and in-depth networking problems requiring strong analytical, problem solving, engineering, and communication skills. You will receive continuous technical training along with training in adaptive troubleshooting methodology. In addition to ongoing training, you will have access to our labs with over $650M in inventory containing all Cisco products. If you're looking for a dynamic, high impact environment where you will directly contribute to the success of Cisco's customers in deploying and utilizing the latest groundbreaking networking technologies, then this is the role for you! You will see a wide variety of real world customer networks and be constantly challenged to expand your networking knowledge and ability to tackle problems. This position will provide you with the opportunity and the resources to become a true networking expert when combined with your drive and motivation.
Who You'll Work With
Customer Experience - Global Technical Assistance Center is the focal point for resolution of technical customer issues. We are an organization of 1000+ highly skilled engineers that cover a broad array of technologies. Each engineer averages 5 years of industry experience and 450+ of our engineers are CCIE certified. Our organization is responsible for adding to Cisco's online technical knowledge base with troubleshooting guides, standard methodology documents, configuration guides, and white papers.
Who You Are
- Cisco wants you to join the industry's brightest minds in developing and deploying today's most advanced Internet technologies. In this role, you will gain insight on the detailed functionality of Cisco products and partner with all distributed elements of the service chain.
- You will demonstrate an aptitude and appetite for learning new technologies, evidenced by the ability to expand upon core knowledge.
- You will analyze, use and configure network management applications for medium to critical complexity networks.
- Consult via phone/email to debug network systems problems of growing levels of complexity; provides support on a worldwide basis.
- Manage workload and other assignments efficiently while being able to resolve time-critical situations reliable and professionally.
- Provide systems product training and mentoring to other TCE's and assist in problem resolution where required.
- Utilize test equipment and configurations in TCE lab for simulations of real problems.
- Complete projects which improve the support processes as assigned.
- Assist in a consultative role to facilitate the design of the network and complete design reviews as needed.
- Typically requires Bachelor's Degree with a technical focus or equivalent industry experience
- Knowledge of routing and switching (CCNA equivalent level or above) required
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems
- Virtualization technologies- Basic understanding and knowledge of at least 2 of the following: Vmware, Openstack, AWS, GCP, AzureRM
- Linux & Windows Server administration and troubleshooting knowledge
- Prior customer support experience preferred
- Understanding of DevOps and the general development cycle
- Ability to troubleshoot and administer containers and/or Kubernetes
- Ability to write complete API calls to REST or SOAP APIs using both JSON and XML
- Ability to read and understand log formats in multiple formats including java, .net, and others
- Understanding of Bare metal infrastructure
- Understanding of basic workflow development
- Understanding of general website principles and development
- You're able to resolve problems, figure out root cause, and deliver known solutions with a high level of customer satisfaction
- You're motivated by a service excellence attitude. You drive to achieve goals with limited supervision.
- Certifications (eg: CCIE, CCNP, ITIL, Virtualization, GCP, AWS)
- Knowledge and understanding of common formats like JSON, XML, YAML
- Understanding of Micro-services based architecture and interaction of services
- Advanced administration knowledge in private and/or public clouds including VMWare, OpenStack, AWS, GCP, Azure
- Understanding of IPAM and cloud based networking
- Complete understanding of the VM lifecycle
- Understanding of tenancy in cloud based applications
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference. Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.