Technical Consulting Engineer - Core Architecture Technology Solutions
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
What you’ll Do
- Provide top level technical support for router and switch architecture (both hardware and software) to Cisco customers, partners, account teams and other TAC engineers via phone/email/WebEx.
- Apply analytical skills and technical knowledge to troubleshoot, debug and tackle product and network problems of moderate to high complexity
- Engage in cross-technology collaborations to help tackle issues in heterogeneous network environments.
- Optimally utilize moderate to sophisticated lab setups to recreate and solve problems within Cisco’s internal state-of-the-art labs.
- Be a trusted technical authority to worldwide Cisco customers and partners.
- Contribute to knowledge bases and troubleshooting guides.
- Create automation and augmentation logic to speed up issue resolution.
- Collaborate with the engineering teams to improve product quality by identifying and submitting software defects.
- Be a great teammate in a worldwide team.
Who You'll Work With
The Technical Assistance Center (TAC) provides second and third level support to our customers around the world. We jump in to help when their network or solutions experience hiccups. Are you ready to assist when nobody else knows how to fix the issue?
The Cisco TAC provides live technical support through multiple channels, whenever and wherever you need it. Technical Services ensures product & network operate efficiently and benefit from the most up to date system and application software.
Who You Are
- Proven technical knowledge in networking (CCNA level equivalent or above) and/or network programmability (DevNet Associate level or above)
- Advance knowledge of: Linux/UNIX command-line tools/environments; Software development/debugging, preferably in C, C++ or Python, Computer science concepts (CPU, memory, operating systems).
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology related field of study (preferably with a network engineering/computer science or telecommunication specialization)
- Ability to: Analyze and troubleshoot problems, Quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products with documentation and internal resources and apply that knowledge in real world situations, Work independently as well as in a very diverse team environment.
We'll be very impressed if you can also show any of these:
- Code and/or debug experience (preferably in GDB)
- Knowledge of: Public and/or private cloud, Virtualization.
- Cisco Certifications: DevNet Professional, CCNP or CCIE
- Any Linux or Programming Certification
- Previous experience with: Cisco IOS/IOS-XE/NX-OS products
- A similar support role in the field
- Grow your technical and soft skills
- Ability to present in seminar and conferences such as Cisco live and partner meetings
- Support in pursuing Cisco Certification.
- Contribute to Cisco intellectual capital. (Automation projects, Hackathons, etc).
- Mentoring and coaching
- Becoming Subject Matter Expert.
- Giving back to local and global community. (charity events)
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!