Technical Consulting Engineer- Collab
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video
Who You'll work with
Cisco Customer Experience Centers (CX) Managed Services (CMS) -- This is a team of leaders - we provide Collaboration as a service solution and Managed services to customers with groundbreaking consulting to ensure customer success. Our team members work multi-functionally to deliver business outcomes to our customers, along with the resources to ensure personal and professional growth.
Who you are:
Job Responsibilities :-
- Act as a focal point for customer issues related to Collaboration products/ technologies.
- Works on sophisticated problems where analysis of situations requires in-depth evaluation of factors, with support and supervision.
- CMS supports its customers 24*7 so candidate should be flexible to work in shifts and participate in daytime and night/weekend shifts and/or on-call rotation
- Tackle Cisco Collaboration technology related issues to quickly resolve downtime and outages, with support and supervision.
- Develop specialization in specific areas (i.e. technology, product) over a period of 1-2 years.
- Handle issues/customers by setting expectations and meeting/exceeding those expectations to achieve the highest level of customer happiness
- Efficiently communicate issues to engineers within the support team, and resolutions/work-around to the customer
- Open to constructive feedback on areas of improvement. Constantly working on skill development.
- Perform ad hoc analysis and tasks as assigned
- Understand and meet customer agreements (SLO/SLA/commitments)
- Understand and Apply ITIL framework (Event, Incident, Change & Problem Management)
- Collaborate with peers and multi-functional teams
- Maintaining knowledge required to perform role effectively
- Participate in regular sync ups with Management and Technical Leads
What you do
- Hands on knowledge of Cisco Collaboration products/ technologies.
- Good understanding of Cisco VoIP service provisioning methods and procedures related to Moves/Adds/Changes along with system level provisioning
- Experience with routine system administration tasks such as OS and application patches, upgrades and backups of the voice environment.
- Exposure to deployment and ongoing management of Cisco networking solutions.
- Customer first attitude - ownership and accountability.
- Teammate with emotional intelligence and responsibility in a team environment.
- Good interpersonal, oral, visual, and written communication skills for communications to technical and non-technical staff.
- Receives limited supervision
- Translates team goals into own work assignments
- Executes on methods and procedures on new assignments
Experience & Education:
- 1-2 years of relevant industry and technology experience in a support services environment.
- BE/ B TECH in a technical field (CS/EE/IT preferred)
- Cisco or Industry equivalent Networking certification.
- Automation skills. Knowledge of Scripting and APIs.
At Cisco, each person brings their different talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while aspiring for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.