Technical Consulting Engineer - Collab Skills (CUCM/ CUC/SIP) 12+ years
Area of InterestCollaboration
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video
What You’ll Do
Technical Services is team of extraordinary technical guides whose #1 focus is to help customers deploy and operate their networks effectively while delivering the best possible customer experience.
The Global TAC’s ability to partner with customers in solving their toughest networking challenges is what sets us apart in the industry and keeps customers coming back to Cisco. As digitization crafts our future, we lead with innovation, accept change, and believe the customer experience is paramount to our success.
As a Customer Support Engineer in our extraordinary team you will gain hands-on experience and the ability to earn industry-leading certifications.
You will be a strategic partner to our customers, saving their business from the impact of network incidents, solving and preventing the recurrence of technical issues. You will take on our customers’ toughest problems, ensuring that our customers get expected business outcomes, providing a superb customer experience.
You will also receive extensive training and development both technical and leadership/customer skill areas.
Who You'll Work With
CX is a team of extraordinary guides who focus to deliver exclusive customer experience. We help tackle the toughest business challenges with network-centric solutions that accelerate customer and partner success and dedication. Our success is measured through exceptional financial results, growing customer happiness metrics, industry recognition, and employee happiness scores.
The group of highly skilled, dynamic, diverse, and passionate engineers who go above and beyond in assisting not just the customer but also their teammates and peers. The team is a good mix of engineers with varying years of experience (from 3 years all the way to 12 years) in Cisco technologies and solutions, and each-and-every-one of them bring phenomenal value to the table. The team has global presence located in 3 US centers, 1 Brussels center and 2 India centers.
Who You Are
- Good knowledge on VOIP protocols such as MGCP, H.323, SIP and SCCP including troubleshooting.
- Good on Cisco Small and medium business call agents such as Cisco Unified Communication Manager Express (CUCME) and platforms such a ASR, ISR and CSR series of routers.
- Strong in. Cisco Teamwork Product Portfolio for gateways, gatekeepers and Unified Border Elements (CUBE) is helpful.
- Knowledge of concepts such as SRST (Survivable Remote Site Telephony), CAC (Call-admission-Control), Class of restrictions, B-ACD / TCL scripting (basic automated call distribution), IP phone features and supplementary features enablement and interoperability on gateways.
- Ability to setup (configure) and tackle a medium to large scale environment deployment from a gateway's perspective
- Working knowledge of various enterprise call flows and integrations with the gateways such as VXML, CVP (customer voice portal), and CUSP (Cisco Unified SIP Proxy)
- Ability to learn and assimilate new information (such as RFCs and IEEE docs) and incorporate the same into building solutions for critical issues.
- Basic knowledge of Linux, SQL and/or Oracle Database and Microsoft Active Directory.
- Basic familiarity of Scripting / automation and data analytics including languages such as Python.
At Cisco, each person brings their different talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.