Technical Consulting Engineer (Co-Op) - United States
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Collaboration, Video, Networking, Security, Service Provider, Wireless, Mobility
As a Technical Consulting Engineer Co-Op supporting our Customer Experience Centers, you'll work on leading-edge technology with a keen focus on enabling Cisco’s global customers to achieve successful business outcomes.
No Cisco networking experience or knowledge is required to be successful in this position. You will join a cohort of engineers to build your technical expertise, learn Cisco specific technologies and make a direct, positive, impact on our customers.
What You’ll Do
As a Technical Consulting Engineer Co-Op you’ll get hands-on experience working directly with Cisco’s customers by supporting one of our advanced technologies.
- Develop deep technical knowledge in a Cisco product or technology
- Engage with customers to understand problem reports
- Research customer issues to deliver technical solutions
- Craft technical documents to build Cisco's intellectual property and knowledge base
- Automate the process of finding and fixing common problems in Cisco’s products
The Technical Consulting Engineer Co-Op position is located in Cisco’s Research Triangle Park, North Carolina location. We offer additional compensation and resources to ease your relocation to the Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina area.
The co-op is 6 months in duration from January 2021 to June 2021 and we welcome students to do multiple co-op rotations with us. To get the best possible experience, we do not allow co-op students to take university classes while on co-op, either in person or online. Check with your co-op and academic advisors to determine what impact this co-op may have on your individual university career.
Not only will you perform the job of a full-time Technical Consulting Engineer while working as Co-op, you'll also obtain industry recognized certifications like the Cisco Certified Networking Associate (CCNA). Many of our co-ops go on to engineering full time roles within Cisco.
No Cisco networking experience or knowledge is required to be successful in this position. We will teach you the technical skills necessary to excel in the role of a TCE Co-Op.
- You have strong analytical and technical problem-solving skills.
- You are not enrolled in any collegiate classes during the full co-op term (online or otherwise).
- You have the ability to work full-time hours in our Research Triangle Park, North Carolina location (additional compensation provided), for 6 months from January 2021 – June 2021.
- You are fluent in English (verbal and written).
- You have a minimum GPA: 3.0
- You have a passion for technology.
- You possess the ability to multi-task, work in a dynamic team environment, and work independently.
- Cisco or industry certifications a plus
- Able to legally live and work in the country for which you’re applying, without visa support or sponsorship
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!