Technical Consulting Engineer - Cloud / Hybrid Solutions (1332371)
Location:Richardson, Texas, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
The Business Entity
Technical Services is team of world-class technical experts whose #1 focus is to help customers deploy and operate their networks effectively while delivering the best possible customer experience. Our success is validated through outstanding business outcomes for our customers and partners including industry recognition and high level of employee engagement. The Cloud Support Organization within Technical Services continue to drive industry-leading Cisco solutions and assist our customers migrating to software, cloud and XaaS.
The Cloud Services team provides second/third level technical support for Cloud / Hybrid solutions and cloud enabled end point products on a worldwide basis via inbound/outbound phone calls, email, web and remote access. Provide consultation to independently troubleshoot & debug solutions for Cisco customers, partners, account teams along with collaborating with other TAC engineers to resolve issues.
Role & Responsibilities
- Support Cloud and Hybrid Products: Cisco WebEx, Jabber IM (Cloud), CMR Cloud and Hybrid, Spark Services (Call, Message, Meet), hybrid services and along with phone and conferencing end points connected to the cloud.
- Provide highest-level technical support to help resolve complex customer problems from on-prem to Cisco Cloud.
- Engage with the Engineering Business Unit to influence the quality and serviceability of the products you support.
- Ensure that technical documentation (not included in the product documentation) that is needed by customers to effectively troubleshoot the product/solution is created and available for use.
- Innovate – Identify and work with BU to enhance tools, script automation, or other activities that will enable the TAC engineer to work more efficiently and speed accelerate issue identification and resolution.
- Coach and mentor others to help them advance in their career.
- Participate in delivering and exceeding customer service level commitments.
- Typically requires BS in a technical field or equivalent plus 2 to 5 years related experience.
- At least 2 – 3 years’ experience in support of Cisco Unified Communications or Business Video Solutions.
- Understanding of WebEx - Cloud application services, or Software as a Service (SaaS).
- Good understanding of call control protocols
- Hands On Experience - Log Analysis (SIP/PRT/Wireshark/Http log/Fiddler)
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- CCNP, CCIE Collaboration highly desired
- Minimum of 3 years of experience supporting SaaS solutions, enterprise applications, solutions and/or collaboration infrastructures is required. “Real time” service support environment experience is highly desired.
Skilled understanding of:
- Networking – Routing Switching (TCP/QoS)
- Microsoft Solutions (Exchange, Active Directory, LDAP)
- Microsoft (IIS, SQL), VMWare, Linux, SSL Certs
- Strong working knowledge and support experience of Microsoft Office, Windows, Mac OS, iOS, Android OS.
- Telepresence (VCS Expressway, VCS controller, TMS, Conferencing, TPS)
- Protocols (SIP, RTP, DTMF, SAML, SMTP)
- Web Proxy
- Web API
- Ability to provide leadership across entire collaboration solution to lead a technical team to find and resolve customer issues
- Lead by example, mentor, and train others
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!