Technical Consulting Engineer - Cloud Engineer
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Software Development, Testing
CX - Technical Consulting Engineer – Data Center Orchestration
Who Are We
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking daring steps to shape the technologies that give us 5G, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with different personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are leaders with vision, mothers, tech geeks, fathers, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired gurus. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
Our focus on inclusion and diversity isn't just about equal opportunity or bringing in the best talent. We also participate in initiatives to inspire young girls. We empower people in technical careers and promote STEM education. Throughout the world, Cisco employees give generously of their talent, time, and compassion. We embrace enthusiasm to help change the world and make a positive impact.
We build the future of the Internet by crafting unprecedented value and opportunity for our customers, employees, investors, and ecosystem partners.
What You'll Do
Cisco Customer Experience (CX) TAC team is a team of exceptional technical specialists whose #1 focus is to help customers deploy and operate their networks effectively, while delivering the best possible customer experience. We measure your success through growing customer satisfaction metrics, industry recognition, and employee satisfaction scores, and excellent financial results.
Who You'll Work With
Our team is made up of highly-responsive and driven technology experts who love what they do: Enabling our Customers by enabling Cisco Technology! We provide 2nd/3rd level technical support on a worldwide basis 24 x 7 x 365 to Cisco customers, partners, account teams, and other TAC engineers. In this role you will focus on reactive measures including diagnostics and analysis, troubleshooting and recommendations. With a technology runway that never ends, opportunities to develop your depth, breadth and diversity of technology knowledge is limitless!
Who You Are
We're looking for team members who enjoy engaging with customers, have been impactful using their technical training and experience in a Support Engineer role and have knowledge in the following designated technology focus areas.
We're looking for an energetic team player with passion for technology and demonstrated ability to work with customers in a support environment.
- Bachelor's Degree, higher education, or equivalent work experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- 2 or more years of customer support experience, including strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, proven crisis management skills and ability to handle complex customer issues.
- Fluent level of English with great verbal and written communication skills
- Provides answers for products, services or solutions questions.
- Assists in documenting and resolving technical problems found in products and solutions.
- Engages and drives appropriate resources for escalations.
- Maintains accurate documentation in incident and knowledge management systems.
- Ensures case management guidelines are followed
- Effectively communicates (verbal and written) with the customer and Cisco stakeholders on status and progress of service requests
Minimum Requirements: (“Must have” Qualifications)
- Virtualization technologies- Basic understanding and knowledge of at least 2 of the following: VMware, Openstack, AWS, GCP, Azure
- Linux & Windows Server administration and troubleshooting knowledge
- Understanding of DevOps and the general development cycle
- Ability to troubleshoot and administer containers and/or Kubernetes
- Ability to write complete API calls to REST or SOAP APIs using both JSON and XML
- Ability to read and understand log formats in multiple formats
- Understanding of Bare metal infrastructure
- Understanding of basic workflow development
- Understanding of general website principles and development
- You're able to resolve problems, determine root cause, and deliver known solutions with a high level of customer satisfaction
- You're motivated by a service excellence demeanor. You drive to achieve goals with limited supervision.
Desired Skills/Qualifications/System Experience requirements:
- Knowledge and understanding of common formats like JSON, XML, YAML
- Understanding of Micro-services-based architecture and interaction of services
- Advanced administration knowledge in private and/or public clouds including VMWare, OpenStack, AWS, GCP, Azure
- Understanding of IPAM and cloud-based networking
- Complete understanding of the VM lifecycle
- Understanding of tenancy in cloud-based applications
- CCNP, Devnet or CCIE
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA)
- OpenShift Administration Certification
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (37 years strong) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.